Videos for HU

• Vladoo1001
      Vladoo1001
      Bronze
      I wonder why there are no HU videos available to silver status? I would really like to watch some and improve my game but are available only to Gold+ status wich is pretty hard to reach playing HU SnG's as i play. I suggest ocasional HU videos for Silver as there are a lot of silver status wich play HU and have no video or strategy to refer to.
  • 16 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Only low stake HU SNG videos are suitable for silver members because cash HU tables start usually at NL50 and some silver member may feel like gambling their entire BR after seeing how some coach has won 3 buy-ins in 40 hands while being on heater.
    • Vladoo1001
      Vladoo1001
      Bronze
      I agree with that....so...why not low stake HU SnG's as you said? ...some videos of that would be great as it would give as a refference point and tips to improve our game.
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Any HU games are very advanced games and hard to learn. That's why..
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I watched TwiceT's NL50 HU video yesterday and it was awesome! I was astonished at how you play the player, not the cards!

I used to play my HU situations(on NL20 FR table) all tight and passive before I saw this, giving up many many pots without a fight, but this video showed me a whole new dimension in poker. Now, I see through aggro tactics from some opponents and counter them; others dont know what hit them =)

I seriously recommend it to any NL10+ player.

I normally cant watch a 35+ min video without taking a break or shutting it down but I watched this non-stop. I will actually re-watch this video and any other HU video on PS.com
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      I watched TwiceT's NL50 HU video yesterday and it was awesome! I was astonished at how you play the player, not the cards!

I used to play my HU situations(on NL20 FR table) all tight and passive before I saw this, giving up many many pots without a fight, but this video showed me a whole new dimension in poker. Now, I see through aggro tactics from some opponents and counter them; others dont know what hit them =)

I seriously recommend it to any NL10+ player.

I normally cant watch a 35+ min video without taking a break or shutting it down but I watched this non-stop. I will actually re-watch this video and any other HU video on PS.com

ty for the nice comment. yep hu is all about playing the opp, value betting thinly and getting opponents on tilt if possible ;)

i might make a hu sng series as well. might be interesting how to play differently there. maybe u guys post in this thread if there is some interest in hu sng vids as well.
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Originally posted by TwiceT
      i might make a hu sng series as well. might be interesting how to play differently there. maybe u guys post in this thread if there is some interest in hu sng vids as well.

A HU sng series would be great because sadly the english community is learning HU sngs from one gold $33HUsng video. I am not saying its bad or anything like that but you can only learn so much in one 45minute video :f_p:
    • RavForenzo
      RavForenzo
      Bronze
      how did you watch it if you are only silver? or has he done other videos? cus i can only find the gold status one?
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RavForenzo
      how did you watch it if you are only silver? or has he done other videos? cus i can only find the gold status one?
      OH SHIT, its gold now....

WTF I wanted to watch it again!
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Originally posted by RavForenzo
      OH SHIT, its gold now....

WTF I wanted to watch it again!
      afaik it should be silver. nl100 & 200 then will be gold.
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      I'm interested as well
      nice video :f_cool:
    • Vladoo1001
      Vladoo1001
      Bronze
      The reason for this thread was to draw attention to the lack of HU videos for silver status.... I would like to watch TwiceT's video as well but being only silver can't watch it... SO i suggest either downgrading the video to silver or make some low limit HU SnG videos for us silver status as well as I am convinced there is a decent number of HU silver players.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Vladoo1001
      The reason for this thread was to draw attention to the lack of HU videos for silver status.... I would like to watch TwiceT's video as well but being only silver can't watch it... SO i suggest either downgrading the video to silver or make some low limit HU SnG videos for us silver status as well as I am convinced there is a decent number of HU silver players.
      Not only that, but it helps any NL player(HU, SH or FR) immensely.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

When we started introducing Heads-Up material to the site made the decision to offer it for Gold status and up (so the articles, HU forum, videos). There were several reasons for this.

#1) Silver is quite easily attained - meaning that content which is set as of silver is accessible to a broad range of potentially still very inexperienced players

#2) HU is quite advanced and requires a lot of experience and postflop skills. Beginning members will usually not have this. As such it would be bad for them to jump ahead of things to start trying out HU

#3) Most sites start offering HU tables as of limits which are too high for the average BR of members with silver status

#4) HU can be quite variance heavy meaning players should have experience with variance and good control of their psychological game as well as a solid bankroll

#5) Gold status is easily attainable for any player who has the required experience and BR in order to start playing heads-up

As such we currently have all HU content as of Gold. Since I understand that watching HU videos is also beneficial for SH & FR I can see about providing silver content of very low level HU play - but for NL50 I think Gold is perfectly fine (the same status we brought out previous NL50 HU content with).

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Vladoo1001
      Vladoo1001
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hey guys,

When we started introducing Heads-Up material to the site made the decision to offer it for Gold status and up (so the articles, HU forum, videos). There were several reasons for this.

#1) Silver is quite easily attained - meaning that content which is set as of silver is accessible to a broad range of potentially still very inexperienced players

#2) HU is quite advanced and requires a lot of experience and postflop skills. Beginning members will usually not have this. As such it would be bad for them to jump ahead of things to start trying out HU

#3) Most sites start offering HU tables as of limits which are too high for the average BR of members with silver status

#4) HU can be quite variance heavy meaning players should have experience with variance and good control of their psychological game as well as a solid bankroll

#5) Gold status is easily attainable for any player who has the required experience and BR in order to start playing heads-up

As such we currently have all HU content as of Gold. Since I understand that watching HU videos is also beneficial for SH & FR I can see about providing silver content of very low level HU play - but for NL50 I think Gold is perfectly fine (the same status we brought out previous NL50 HU content with).

Best regards
      SoyCD
      good point there...can't argue with that, yet some 1$ HU SnG's videos wouldn't be that bad....or would it? :-s :f_tongue:
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      I'm very interested in HU SnG videos as well, since I don't like HU cash games due to rake. Plus, in an SnG the opponent can't just stand up and walk away when he feels like it, so in a way you're certain to get his money.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hey guys,

Best regards
      SoyCD
      Perfect answer as always, thnx for the explanation.