[NL2-NL10] NL10Sh set

• silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG ($13.90)
      MP ($13.10)
      CO ($23.65)
      Button ($10.88)
      SB ($11.53)
      Hero (BB) ($10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4, 4
      1 fold, MP calls $0.10, 1 fold, Button bets $0.40, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.30, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.95) 7, 10, 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($0.95) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, Button raises to $1.40, Hero raises to $5.15, Button raises to $10.48 (All-In), Hero calls $4.45 (All-In)

River: ($20.15) 5 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $20.15 | Rake: $1.34

villain is reg 23/10, 2,6af, 42%cbet, 26wtsd, 2k+ hands

FLOP - i was thinking of donk betting here but decided to try check/raise

TURN - after his check i had to bet to extract any money if possible. he minreraised me... strange from such a player on this type of board, i thought he should be either with air or with monster [better set or 89straight. i reraised him for information where i stand but i reraised tooo much and i got commited.

should i go broke vs reg on this board or i can min rere raise him on the turn and fold bottom set
  • 5 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I'd probably 3bet his BU raise preflop first of all, because it's hard to get value oop from a set vs such a guy.

As played, the flop is difficult because of his low cbet%. I think donking might be the best line because he can find a call with overcards or raise your donk (cause donks suck :P ).

On the turn well, you aren't planning on folding a set I hope... He might be going wild with a turned top pair, 2pair, you have outs against the straight.. w/e... at any rate, I'd be happy to get it in :)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Re-steal pf unless he never does this; you can win right there. If he calls your raise, you can easily stack him if you hit.

Donk flop for value, also to protect a bit; its not entirely dry and you want to win money, not get sucked out. He might hit higher set if you slowplay.

Since he doesnt cbet a lot, you can't count on being able to c/r. Also, a c/r seems very strong on this dryish flop.

Bet bigger on turn since he will not call river if he misses his draw. You cannot fold your set on this board, he could have so many worse hands, and very few beat you. You do not raise for info with a set, you bet for value and try to go all in.

Only go for pot control if theres a 4-straight on board (3456) or a 4-flush(JT74 all hearts).
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      ok i think i am not clear enough when posting hands. i play alot ! and people know me. my stats are 14/12. this guy is a reg and we know each other for playing solid but no special reads.

basically my question is should i fold set vs a reg who knows me and who will never show strength with TP type of hand
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by silent21
      ok i think i am not clear enough when posting hands. i play alot ! and people know me. my stats are 14/12. this guy is a reg and we know each other for playing solid but no special reads.

basically my question is should i fold set vs a reg who knows me and who will never show strength with TP type of hand
      Well then why are you calling for set value with 44 if you think he's only going broke with a bigger set? 3bet preflop!!
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Originally posted by silent21

Well then why are you calling for set value with 44 if you think he's only going broke with a bigger set? 3bet preflop!!
      thanks !