Question about PS points

• mirs5
      mirs5
      Bronze
      I started to collect points(on Pacific poker) on april 7th and did not collect 100 points until May 7th to get Silver status(i made 89 points). Now it says that i need to collect 24 points to get Silver status.Dont understand this.Anyone can help me about this?Thanks
  • 9 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello mirs5,

You can found answers to your questions in the following thread:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/home/rewards

Basically the ranking system is based on the previous four weeks of you accumulating or not accumulating points, i.e. you can move up in your status rank but you can also move down to the previous level.

If you haven't earned the required 100 PS points in the previous 4 weeks then you wont be upgraded to silver yet.

I hope this helps you with this matter.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • mirs5
      mirs5
      Bronze
      Ok,thanks, I know that but the problem is that number of points that I need to collect to reach silver increase day by day :( . When I write first post I need to collect 21 points,now that number is 27?????
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello mirs5,

Thats is just due to the fact the the system hasn't fully updated your points accumulation. As soon as it ha been updated then the problem will be rectified.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • kambodza
      kambodza
      Bronze
      I hope so.Thank you very much :s_pleased: (wrote from brother account) :)
    • mirs5
      mirs5
      Bronze
      Today I checked and see that now I need 32 points to get silver status????My lifetime points are OK but these are definitly not.
      Now if I play and collect for example 10 PS points,tomorrow will be like I am collect 5 or 6 PS points because every day some points are deleted. ;(

At the end of the first month I collect 89 points which is not enough for next level,so,11 points remain.Now that number is 32.
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      I guess is down to the fact that having enrolled over a month ago, now you don't only collect new points, but you have your older ones decaying.

Here's a pic to make myself clearer:

As you can see you have two places with your "total" points, the red one to the left and the orange to the right.

The red one shows you lifetime points, being all the points you have accumulated since you've joined, this are good to redeem the Elephant's licence or similar promotions, while for your rank you need to check the orange number, which shows only the points you accrued in the past month.

Don't think too much about it anyway, there's lots to read at each level and Bronze itself presents an awesome quantity of documentation, go through that and Silver will come easy ;)

DISCLAIMER:
      I might have got it wrong, but looks to me this way ;)
    • mirs5
      mirs5
      Bronze
      Yes,first month expired of 7th May and with 89 points collected I didnt reach silver.Now if I understand,must collect lets say,double points to compensate for those who will be deleted until 7th June(end of currently month)??? I also think that my points balance for this month should be on 0,so that I exactly know how much points I really need to collect to get next level because this is frustrating.
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mirs5
      Yes,first month expired of 7th May and with 89 points collected I didnt reach silver.Now if I understand,must collect lets say,double points to compensate for those who will be deleted until 7th June(end of currently month)??? I also think that my points balance for this month should be on 0,so that I exactly know how much points I really need to collect to get next level because this is frustrating.
      Not exactly double points to compensate, but sure thing you need on average to earn higher points.

I give you a simple numeric example.

You've played 20 days at an average of 4.5 point, this gives us the 90 points you've accrued.
      Now, in order to reach your silver you dont need to earn a stupid amount more, it's enough that for every day gone you earn just half a point more. Wont be immediate, but if for every day that goes you're able to stay a point ahead (eg. you loose a 4 pointer and get a 5) you're already improving and in a couple of weeks you'll probably see your silver.

Anyway, on side note, dont bother too much, while it's a nice achievements that stimulates the play, what you really need is not achievements, but to improve your gameplay, and you do that by reading the articles, watching video, posting and reviewing your hands, etc...
      If you'r not silver yet it means that you can use more bronze readings, hence just finish reading what you've missed or go again through the stuff you've read.

Try to commit to memory the very bases and understand why they're asking you to play in a certain way.

One last personal suggestion. Go through the forum and read what other people have done in order to improve their gameplay, maybe won't help you, maybe you'll find an idea.
      My solution to my beginner problem has been to open more tables. I was getting bored and eventually was calling stupid stuff, more tables reduced my overall boredom level and is helping me stick better to the strategy provided, as I dont have much time to think and the easier solution is apply the strategy to the letter.

Go, find out and improve your gaming :f_grin:
    • kambodza
      kambodza
      Bronze
      Very nice post,thank you very much.Everything that you said is correct.