My 2009 graph - looking for opinion of experienced SNG players..

• LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Would you still consider standard variance or would you explain this? it's the whole 2009.
      There are multiple limits 6.50$, 12$, 24$ (the middle very swingy part), then 12$, 6.50$ and 12$ again..

Thank you in advance for your opinions.
  • 9 replies
    • Barin22
      Barin22
      Platinum
      It can be still just variance, 1k breakeven is quite common. Even if u are beating your limit at 10%+ ROI it can happen. I think boku had one during his challenge too. Wptfuji played 10k superturbos in one month at 10% ROI and had one 3k breakeven stretch. So keep grinding and soon or later u will go up again.
    • bobdefete
      bobdefete
      Bronze
      I wish i get close to that one day :s_thumbsup:
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I started with the 50$ not so long ago. You might get there sooner than you think.

Also when you go to forum settings and edit your signature go to options and enable BB code your signature will show the links not just the code.
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      uff it is just normal ... im having same problem after one big downswing ...one upswing ... and im now 2K? games B/e

it is pretty bad situation ... because you are loosing intrest of poker
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      definitely analyse your gameplay and see if you have any leaks but a 2k game breakeven streak or whatever is totally standard especially if you happen to be mixing limits (this increases variance because there's the chance u run good at the lower ones and bad at the higher ones).

if you look at my sharkscope i had that same issue just as i was quitting sngs. i had a massive breakeven streak where i was mixing limits (6.5$ from coachings to 27$ from personal play). i was running bad in the 27$ sngs, and as a result could never make any progress. this is not to say mixing limits is bad, just that it will add variance.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      have you started playing more tables around halfway through? I have a feeling I'm going through the same thing: losing alot of value in multitabling. Alot more regs on the 20$+ games aswell.

btw chenny your argument about mixing limits increases variance does not appear to make any sense? that's not how statistics work ^^
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Nope, I started 16 tabling when I got my second monitor which was somewhere in the first half of the the uphill part.
      And I'm not doing any better BTW. I'm down like 50$ this month playing the 12$s..
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Hey LuborC

It is interesting... I have been sharskoping a lotta the regs in my room recently and came across a couple who had btw 6.5K and 9.5K tourneys with a ROI of around 16%... In them there were several stretches of 1000+ tourneys which were breakeven or negative... I'm currently also about breakeven over about 1000 tourneys...

Your stretch is over about 1800 games which is more than I have seen recently, but still it's not a stretch to think that it's possible...

I do think it is bound to balance, especially since I am fairly confident you have a game worthy of a decent ROI... It's just a case of maintaining confidence and keep playing your A-game...
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Thanks Nick. My breakeven stretch is even longer now than it was at the time I posted this but I begun working on my game again and I really hope I can start moving forward again..

I just got to my first final table in a MTT so I'm kind of happy right now. I would be more happy if I weren't so tired. Too bad it was only 10 cent buyin tourney :D . Still, I think I played well and kicked 3593 donks' butts..