fish!!

• highsocietypro
      highsocietypro
      Bronze
      hello all i have been playing sng's on party with the $50 capital i have reached 71 strategy points and will be at silver soon but its really frustrating its all fish i am amazed with some of the bs moves they pull like today one called all in post flop with pocket 4's i had aces up he hit a 4 on the river to bust me i just think whats the point sometimes i am $14 up for nearly 45 games i am using icm and playing correctly surley i should be making more profit how do i minimize bad beats???
  • 17 replies
    • MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      you cannot minimize bad luck, but you can control your bad moves
    • highsocietypro
      highsocietypro
      Bronze
      thanks i realize that! i am not immune to the mistakes and when i make them i think ok fair enough but when i keep getting sucked out on over and over i think maybe there is some alterations i could be making i have read and re read all the articles and watched the videos is it normal for progress to be slow at this level??
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Quite normal. Some ppl can play any 2 cards at lowest levels. Sometimes they just play for fun, not even aiming to win.

Personally I dont like SnG because you can play perfect, double up, and then a big stack fish/maniac busts you with A7o
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Did I understand correctly? Are you raelly 14$ up after 45 1$ SNGs? If this is really the case you can only maintain this winrate if you seriously make no mistakes and know both the ICM and your opponents pushing ranges perfectly.
      14$ up after 45 SNGs makes for around 30% ROI which is probably as high as it is even humanly possible with 20% rake maybe even higher.
    • highsocietypro
      highsocietypro
      Bronze
      so this is normal because i think i should be doing better and was thinking of moving to NL i have a good understanding of ICM (i do 1 hour on the icm trainer each day before play i am not working cos of my hand being broken) and also the ranges of the other pls but its like you know they will call with worse hands i am rarely behind when i get my money in and quite often behind at the showdown as they suckout alot i play 4 tables and aim to get a cash in at least 3 i mostly get unlucky and cash 2 maybe 1 witch is about break even and for 40 mins work break even is not ammusing at all!!
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by highsocietypro
      so this is normal because i think i should be doing better and was thinking of moving to NL i have a good understanding of ICM (i do 1 hour on the icm trainer each day before play i am not working cos of my hand being broken) and also the ranges of the other pls but its like you know they will call with worse hands i am rarely behind when i get my money in and quite often behind at the showdown as they suckout alot i play 4 tables and aim to get a cash in at least 3 i mostly get unlucky and cash 2 maybe 1 witch is about break even and for 40 mins work break even is not ammusing at all!!
      PUNCTUATION!! Please, your posts are difficult to read without it. Its just one long confusing run on sentence. Don't mean to be a nit, but believe me, it makes it a lot easier to understand your posts better.
    • highsocietypro
      highsocietypro
      Bronze
      Sorry about that, Is that it though an English lesson cheers!!!!
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Everything else has been said. Sometimes, you just get unlucky. It eventually turns around though...I HOPE! :D
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      So far you've been making 30 cents for every tournament played which is really A LOT for this limit. Of course you sometimes end up playing a set where you don't win any money or even lose some but you have nothing to complain about as long as you're winning this much.
      I sort of expect you to go on a bit of a downswing sooner or later to be honest. Not that I wish that on you but you're winrate is really almost unbelievably high.
    • highsocietypro
      highsocietypro
      Bronze
      Thanks for that, I guess grinding up to the next level will take longer than i thought then is NL any faster or the same at low levels?
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      you don't need to know anything about ICM to get 35% ROI in $1 SNGs, you just need to be able to load up the poker software.
    • highsocietypro
      highsocietypro
      Bronze
      If thats the case why does PS say not to start playing SNG untill having passed the icm light test? and for a platinum user who is far from needing to grind $1 SNG's thats not very helpful i thought you guys where meant to be supportive??
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      If thats the case why does PS say not to start playing SNG untill having passed the icm light test? and for a platinum user who is far from needing to grind $1 SNG's thats not very helpful i thought you guys where meant to be supportive??
      What he means is that those SnG's are easy, obviously you will lose sometimes to suckouts. Just keep at it and you will prevail.
    • highsocietypro
      highsocietypro
      Bronze
      Thanks brood!! i think i will just continue on till the next level of sngs while reading the articles and hope play becomes a little more interesting as i go, if nobody thinks NL might be a better route! thanks again for all the comments!
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      i was obviously joking. i'm surprised that people use ICM at the $1 level though. (somewhere at the beginning of my career i was bankroll building with SNGs, from $1 to $5, and when started with the $1 SNGs players were so bad that i had a huge edge despite never having read any strategy for SNGs and not knowing any ICM)

of course ICM helps, it's just that it seems really weird to me to use it in $1 SNGs :D
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      And I don't agree with that statement altogether. 35% ROI might be possible but it's definitely not easy for a beginner.
      EDIT: Sorry I didn't get it that you weren't being serious..

NL isn't any faster. When you are following BRM you only risk a smal part of your BR. That means every time you win you only win a little. It takes time to raise through limits but you have way better chance of getting there one day than you would without a good BRM.
    • highsocietypro
      highsocietypro
      Bronze
      thanks luborC I think I got an answer and have pushed on a bit too today until the next time dudes laters!!!