Can you think like a poker player?

• Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Solve this:

There is a really wealthy kingdom and the princes mother wants to chose the smartest princess to marry her prince. So she invites every one from the whole country to come and gives them all an intelligence test. 3 of them get a perfect score. So she invites them to a room with 3 chairs and gives them the following instructions:

I will blindfold all of you and sit you on a chair. Then I will either put a red hat onto your head or none and will proceed to remove the blind folds.
      If you see one red head raise your arm. If you see 2 red hats raise your arm. The first person who can tell me if she is wearing a red hat or not can marry my son.

The queen blind folds all of them and sits them on the chair. She then proceeds to put a red hat on each one (assume that it is impossible for the princesses to feel if a red hat was put on them or not) and removes the blind folds.

Immidiatly everyone raises their hands, but noone speaks and they just look at each other. Some time goes by and then one of them stands up and says: "I am wearing a red hat"

Explain how she knows this.

Lets see who can get it first :)
  • 11 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Is this retardedly simple, or did I misread something?
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      Is this retardedly simple, or did I misread something?
      congrats, you win. lol
    • zivkoleo
      zivkoleo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      Solve this:

There is a really wealthy kingdom and the princes mother wants to chose the smartest princess to marry her prince. So she invites every one from the whole country to come and gives them all an intelligence test. 3 of them get a perfect score. So she invites them to a room with 3 chairs and gives them the following instructions:

I will blindfold all of you and sit you on a chair. Then I will either put a red hat onto your head or none and will proceed to remove the blind folds.
      If you see one red head raise your arm. If you see 2 red hats raise your arm. The first person who can tell me if she is wearing a red hat or not can marry my son.

The queen blind folds all of them and sits them on the chair. She then proceeds to put a red hat on each one (assume that it is impossible for the princesses to feel if a red hat was put on them or not) and removes the blind folds.

Immidiatly everyone raises their hands, but noone speaks and they just look at each other. Some time goes by and then one of them stands up and says: "I am wearing a red hat"

Explain how she knows this.

Lets see who can get it first :)
      If a hat is put on, it must be a red one. :)
    • bobdefete
      bobdefete
      Bronze
      I guess she figured out they all had their hands in the air so they all had hats....
    • bobdefete
      bobdefete
      Bronze
      will I ever know if i'm wrong or not ??:(
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      By red head you mean red coloured hair yes?
      Maybe the girl that spoke out was blonde?
    • bordzter
      bordzter
      Bronze
      hmmm...

the girl who said she is wearing a red hat is not a red head... its by looking at the other two girls that she deduced that they are all wearing red hats...

they all raised their hands so she knows that she is wearing a hat and said so...
    • 28renton
      28renton
      Bronze
      For all three arms to go up there has to be at least 2 red hats, but there could also be 3. If there were only 2 red hats, one of the princesses would see exactly 1 red hat and one head with no hat. Therefore, she would know since all 3 hands are up she must be the second red hat and say "My hat is red."

To take it one step further, since no one said this right away, one of the princesses deduced that must not be the case. Therefore, that leaves the only other option for all 3 hands to be up, which is all 3 must be wearing a red hat. So she stood up and said "My hat is red."

note to bobdefete: just because they all had their hands in the air does not mean they all have hats...remember, they raise their hands even if they can only see 1 hat. So if two of them were wearing hats, all 3 of them would still have their hands in the air.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 28renton
      For all three arms to go up there has to be at least 2 red hats, but there could also be 3. If there were only 2 red hats, one of the princesses would see exactly 1 red hat and one head with no hat. Therefore, she would know since all 3 hands are up she must be the second red hat and say "My hat is red."

To take it one step further, since no one said this right away, one of the princesses deduced that must not be the case. Therefore, that leaves the only other option for all 3 hands to be up, which is all 3 must be wearing a red hat. So she stood up and said "My hat is red."

note to bobdefete: just because they all had their hands in the air does not mean they all have hats...remember, they raise their hands even if they can only see 1 hat. So if two of them were wearing hats, all 3 of them would still have their hands in the air.
      Weee you win... you get this:

:s_love:

A shark of love.... I hope you will enjoy your price
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dragar
      A shark of love....
      Priceless....
    • HasuHasi
      HasuHasi
      Bronze
      i think the riddle is missing something..

the princes mother has to tell the princesses, that 2 of them will wear a red hat.. this is never mentioned, or did i overread something?

because if this isnt mentioned, the riddle doesnt work...