NL 5c/10c party poker

• monkey0nfire
      monkey0nfire
      Bronze
      hi guys im a 'fresher' just starting up and wonder if i did the right thing on this hand, it certainly looked fine to me..wat do u think
      ps let me know if i set this out right...this elephant thing is awesome!

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, Q (Comment)
      UTG raises to $0.40, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.40, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.40, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.94 (All-In), 3 folds, MP1 calls $1.54, MP3 calls $1.45 (All-In).

Flop: ($6.28) 7, 7, J (Comment)
      Turn: ($6.28) 5 (Comment)
      River: ($6.28) 2 (3 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $6.28
      Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, queens and sevens (Qh Qd)
      MP1 shows a full-house, fives full of sevens (5d 5s)
      MP3 shows two pairs, jacks and sevens (Js Ts)

MP1 wins with a full-house, fives full of sevens (5d 5s)

(Comment)
  • 6 replies
    • bordzter
      bordzter
      Bronze
      as far as i can see you made the optimal move. though it would have been better to have some data on your opponent.

personally with a raise and a caller i would probably smooth call and push on the flop depending on what comes out...

nice hand and play mate....
    • monkey0nfire
      monkey0nfire
      Bronze
      thanks bud your feedback is appreciated :)
    • magiccarrot
      magiccarrot
      Bronze
      I think you were right to push when you did, your playing short stacked strategy and with $1.30 already in the pot then I think you had to push hoping to at least get rid of one of your opponents, its just unlucky that the small pocket pair sucks out on you, and I don't know what the guy with J T was thinking, but long term your play will show a profit.

Its never the wrong play to get all your chips in preflop with the best hand when playing SSS.

If you had a bigger stack you probably would have won the pot because if you continuation bet on the flop you probably would have got the pocket 5's to fold.

But nothing wrong with how you played it.
    • MaCe90
      MaCe90
      Bronze
      This is a typical spot where there is nothing more you can do, even if you might argue about cold calling on the flop, but i think pushing was definitely the right move. This is just a situation where you do what has to be done and pray.
    • BDD420
      BDD420
      Bronze
      Theres nothing you can do really, although if you recall from the quiz the only pair you would have been able to play would have been KK or AA ( although I'd push with Q's as well)
    • magiccarrot
      magiccarrot
      Bronze
      According to the quiz and sss PDF he is supposed to push all in with Queens after one raise, its only if there had been another raise should he only push AA and KK.

As for those who said he should just flat call whats the point in that any board other than A or K high and he's going all in anyway, I think there is more value in trying to push some of the other players off the hand and hope to get it heads up.