another "rigged" thread with a twist

• excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      so im not going to start shouting that ftp is rigged and so on..

but it seems to me that in all in situations FTP seems to give the underdog a little more of a chance to catch up than what is statistically allocated. it would make business sense and surely they would never admit to anything like this but could it be that they are doing this to help the fishes out?

it sounds stupid as im writing this and i could imagine myself answering this thread saying well if you think you have more of a chance if you shove when behind then do it.

im not saying that. all im saying is that if you are 30% dog then you win 35% of the time. therefore for people who play a lot it is not a profitable thing to do but it sure does its bit to motivate the donkeys.

the reason i thought of writing this is that when i shove im usually ahead so naturally it is only going to be a bad beat that gets me. but i find myself really surprised if villain doesnt hit 4 outer on the river. it really should not be happening though, should it?

the problem is that i have no point of reference with other sites but there seems to be more moaning on the ftp thread than the other ones.

your thoughts
  • 34 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I think that after being 10 bi under all in ev now the winnings are exactly where they should be according to hem

bottom line, variance is a bitch. and I think there is the same moaning on stars , ipoker or party
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      well my flushdraws always hit, so i guess you're right :D
    • HoofdVogel
      HoofdVogel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      but i find myself really surprised if villain doesnt hit 4 outer on the river
      if you think this, it's time for a shortbreak (1 day or a couple days)
      and it also helps when you check playerratings (after session! because it's forbidden during sessions on ftp) and see how 'good' the donkeys run ;)
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I've got an idea after watching the new Star Trek movie last night.

I'm going to write a sub routine that will recognize every hand I am behind in and automatically allow me to hit my 1 outers on the river. Just like Cadet Kirk did in the famous No Win Scenario at the Academy.

I can see it now...my opponent will get quads on the flop against my 78s...and I hit runner runner straight flush EVERY TIME! I will be at first be investigated for immoral conduct, but then receive high praise for my ingenuity and resourcefulness. Then I can Captain of my own star ship and battle evil on all the poker sites.

Now...how do I write a subroutine?
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      wheres the twist? your saying that the site gives the underdog a better chance of winning? Every freaking "rigged" post implies this, otherwise how would it be rigged?
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      ok

now i do appreciate all your comments and i have to tell you that im not really running bad it is just that i see a lot of suckouts around and it makes me start thinking about the statistical probability of each one but there is no way to assess if it actually obeys the "rules" of statistics. that is pretty much where i was getting at.

im discussing the hypothetical situation where such a donk friendly system could be in operation and the chance of catching them at it.

is there a regulating body ensuring it doesnt take place?

that is what im asking. is there a chance this is happening? do you share the same opinion or do you think im imagining things?

thanks
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by excelgeo
      ok

now i do appreciate all your comments and i have to tell you that im not really running bad it is just that i see a lot of suckouts around and it makes me start thinking about the statistical probability of each one but there is no way to assess if it actually obeys the "rules" of statistics. that is pretty much where i was getting at.

im discussing the hypothetical situation where such a donk friendly system could be in operation and the chance of catching them at it.

is there a regulating body ensuring it doesnt take place?

that is what im asking. is there a chance this is happening? do you share the same opinion or do you think im imagining things?

thanks

There is.... HEM.... chances of Aces standing up 90% .... My Aces across 55,000 hands (247 times aces) 89.5% .... Go figure... :rolleyes:
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      wheres the twist? your saying that the site gives the underdog a better chance of winning? Every freaking "rigged" post implies this, otherwise how would it be rigged?
      If the underdog did have a better chance of winning, wouldn't the donks infact be winning players, so there would be no point ever folding unless u have pocket aces, and no point playing KK unless your up against someone who ONLY plays AA... seriously, if you think the underdog has a better chance of winning you're basically sayin that this site is a load of BS. You just notice it more when ppl suck out coz u think "wow thats sick.. that donk just shoved 32o n cracked trip aces" or some other crap n it stands out more than QQ beating 22.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      I kind of agree with this. Not only for FTP though but for other sites.
      There's being many times when I lose a lot of my stack, and the very next hand I get pocket aces/kings.

I remember reading somewhere that someone suggested that the sites weren't rigged, but they had a system which basically went "seat 2 wins hand #**** with full house", but it depended on seat 2's actions.
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      How do u check players ratings on FT?
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      There's being many times when I lose a lot of my stack, and the very next hand I get pocket aces/kings.

I remember reading somewhere that someone suggested that the sites weren't rigged, but they had a system which basically went "seat 2 wins hand #**** with full house", but it depended on seat 2's actions.
      I always used to think when I folded a hand that would have won, if the same cards would have come up if I'd folded. But even if every flop/turn/river is predetermined at the start of each hand there is no way the poker site could tell what each players action is going to be, even the "winning" hand might be folded by someone bluffing them out of the pot on the river.

I think you shouldn't worry yourself too much about how the cards are dealt, coz predetermined before the flop or not it is still random. I do know that stars carry on shuffling during each players action, not too sure about other sites.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by p0kerQT
      Originally posted by SheepMoose

I always used to think when I folded a hand that would have won, if the same cards would have come up if I'd folded. But even if every flop/turn/river is predetermined at the start of each hand there is no way the poker site could tell what each players action is going to be, even the "winning" hand might be folded by someone bluffing them out of the pot on the river.
      When that happens to me I'm always wish I would be a total donk and would have gone all in with my hand :f_cool:
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Where's the twist?

[x] Just another "I'm loosing because poker is rigged thread"
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      it's rigged for everyone
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      I've been playing online poker for a while, no, I'm not a losing player, but I've come to the conclusion that fish have way more chance of winning with 7/2o vs AA or hitting that gutshot than a good player. Because once a good player presses the fold button, no more cards are dealt, but when the fish presses the call button, extra cards are dealt on the board. I find this very suspicious. Rigged.
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by suvalgysiu
      I've been playing online poker for a while, no, I'm not a losing player, but I've come to the conclusion that fish have way more chance of winning with 7/2o vs AA or hitting that gutshot than a good player. Because once a good player presses the fold button, no more cards are dealt, but when the fish presses the call button, extra cards are dealt on the board. I find this very suspicious. Rigged.
      You ARE joking...right??
    • funjubulus
      funjubulus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hackett77
      How do u check players ratings on FT?
      Indeed. How please someone? With software? I have some mac software which seems to tell me things about other players (vpip/af etc)but i have been wondering where it's getting this info from? Is it empirically collected each time i play these players or is there a database where ones stats are kept?

Following on from that, if there is such a database, would it be prudent to change accounts from time to time to clear your history so people cant get a good idea on you?
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      You ARE joking...right??

What do you mean? He's dead serious :f_biggrin:
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      ok let me clarify because many people are jumping on the crazy wagon

all i suggested is that FTP could have a mechanism to increase the chances of a dog in a shove without actually making them favourite. an increase from 25% to 30%. that is all i suggested. as a thought. i have to stress that im not running bad lately at all, so im not steaming or anything like this.

what i am questioning is the policing of poker websites. how do we know that the card generators are trully random? who is the governing body checking on the websites' software to esure impartiallity and integrity? is it purely a matter of trust between the customer and the service provider without some solid evidence to refute ANY "stupid" comments like mine?

thanks