Beginner bad luck

• royalmoney
      royalmoney
      Bronze
      Hi All,

I am new in the SS Strategy and new in poker hold'em.
      I am following the SSS exactly as in the PDF with no exceptions and i am losing money so far.

In most cases it is folding the hand, and when i have even the best hands (e.g. AA) i raise as i should 4*BB + 1 BB for each player that is in and the problem is that in most times everyone fold and i win only 25c (BB=10c).
      In other hands when they dont fold and we go all-in, i have a bad luck and they somehow gets 3xnines or something that it is amazing they go all-in before a flop - e.g. someone had 6J and go all-in before the flop, i got AA and on the flop there were 2xJ which make him a winner of this hand.
      I even tried searching for a better tables with higher % for players at the flop.

Please advice or encourage me.

Thank you.
  • 3 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Don't give up, it's all due to the pain in ass thing called variance. Basically, as long as you are following the strategy these bad beats will soon even themselves out and you will find your best hands stand up to the river and then sometimes when you go in behind (QQ vs KK for example, and you spike a Q) sometimes you will come out the winner.

Keep an eye on your bankroll and make sure to drop limits if you have to, it maybe hard but the guidelines are there for a reason.

Also, try posting some of the hands in the sample hands section of the forum (you can find it here http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1500) this way it will get evaluated and you can make sure you are doing things correctly, plus get piece of mind.

Also, maybe try and set yourself a loss limit. For example, if you lose say 5 buy-ins you end your session, and if during the day you lose 15 buy-ins (obviously rough outlines, should be a bit lower I would imagine) then you leave poker for the day, and you go watch some of the videos and read some articles.

I hope this helps a bit, good luck,

Danny
    • royalmoney
      royalmoney
      Bronze
      I guess you are right...
      Today was a much better day and i won $4 (When BB=10c) in 3 good hands.

Anyway, i have a friend who is an expert for SSS and he analyzes my hands once a week.

Thank you for the tips...
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hi royalmoney,

Its good to see your luck has turned around now. You need to be patient with poker especially SSS, as you are only playing the best hands most of the time you are ahead when you enter a pot, so you should be profitable in the long run. Just make sure you stick to the strategies provided on this site. The psychology articles are really helpful too. Even if you don't feel like you are tilting at the moment, reading them can really useful for when you do hit a rough patch in poker.

Regards,
      Sarah