[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH 3bet flop, TPTK

• Katavich
      Katavich
      Bronze
      It was my first hand at the table so there was no stats.

$0.15/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
      6 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($4.97)
      UTG+1 ($22.94)
      CO ($28.40)
      BTN ($8.29)
      SB ($29.50)
      Hero (BB) ($25.00)

Pre-flop: ($0.40, 6 players) Hero is BB A:diamond: K:club:
      UTG calls $0.25, 1 fold, CO raises to $1.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $3.55, UTG folds, CO calls $2.40

Flop: T:heart: 3:heart: Q:spade: ($7.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $4.35, CO calls $4.35

Turn: K:diamond: ($16.20, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $11, Hero raises to $17.10, CO calls $6.10

River: 5:diamond: ($50.40, 2 players)

[Results Hidden]

my flop bet should be little bigger, but what should be mine turn line? Turn cbet would only call in my opinion stronger hand (set, AA, KQ or AK), so I was thinking that check/fold, check/shove should be mine line at turn (depending of opponent) to induce bluff from weaker hands, but I think that in most of the cases I would be behind. So how should I play turn?

Sorry for bad english. :D
  • 2 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I think check-shove is a reasonable line. We already invested so much with our 3bet then cbet that we kind of commit to continuing with TPTK on the turn. If we are paying off TT QQ KK AA then so be it.

We could also be splitting AK, beating AQ. Wheel we ignore as not many reasonable players are flatting AJ to 3bet, same goes for 2p.

Since we are going to call anyway we could attack the pot ourselves here, but why not give worse hands a chance to bluff or better hands a chance to not force us to stack off instead? Two hearts in a 3bet pot is unlikely, and the only likely two heart hand is calling you no matter what (AhKh) so we arnt going to need to "protect" against the flush draw. We dont even need to protect against wheel redraws as a J gives us a wheel and JJ is unlikely to call the flop cbet.

Since we are going to call the CO's bet and would only have $6 left on the river check-call would be silly, so check shove it is.

Oh, and on the flop bet size - im not so sure its really too small. Again hte only reasonable hand we can "protect" against here is AhKh and AhKh would call nearly anything here with 13 outs to a monster + overcards. Id probably lay 2/3rds of the pot myself ($5) here.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I also like check/shove line.
      Board is a little drawy, but player likely take a stab there a lot of hands and he is calling shove worse hands getting quite good odds.
      Nh