Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.10)
      BB ($10.45)
      UTG ($10.50)
      Hero ($10)
      BTN ($10.90)17/11 reg, 3 bet - 8 411 hands

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.40, BTN raises to $1.25, fold, fold, Hero raises to $3, fold,

Hero wins $2.65

Ok, i think my reasoning has no logic lol but anyway...

This guy is a pretty tight regular, and i didnt know what to do... if we get it in preflop.. He will be ahead most the time. If i call, and my cards are over pair on flop, i feel i have to go broke. If i face resistance could i possibly fold?

If i 4 bet i feel that i fold out his weaker hands and he just calls or raises with stronger ones, but imo he wont call he would shove. So i decided to 4bet/fold. I made it small so i have the ability to fold... i dont think its good move imo but i will find out i suppose :P

Ty

-Jack
  • 1 reply
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      4bet/folding is a pretty lllooooousy move because a normal reg never calls a 4bet and you'd be turning your hand into a bluff.

Just 4bet and get it in. If you 4bet just the slight chance that he goes broke with AK in blindsteal situations gives you good enough reasons to go broke ;)

It can be an option to call here sometimes, but then you need to go broke with an overpair obviously. I would just ship it.