This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH, QQ vs reg

• kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.10)
      BB ($10.45)
      UTG ($10.50)
      Hero ($10)
      BTN ($10.90)17/11 reg, 3 bet - 8 411 hands

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.40, BTN raises to $1.25, fold, fold, Hero raises to $3, fold,

Hero wins $2.65

Ok, i think my reasoning has no logic lol but anyway...

This guy is a pretty tight regular, and i didnt know what to do... if we get it in preflop.. He will be ahead most the time. If i call, and my cards are over pair on flop, i feel i have to go broke. If i face resistance could i possibly fold?

If i 4 bet i feel that i fold out his weaker hands and he just calls or raises with stronger ones, but imo he wont call he would shove. So i decided to 4bet/fold. I made it small so i have the ability to fold... i dont think its good move imo but i will find out i suppose :P

Ty

-Jack
  • 1 reply
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      4bet/folding is a pretty lllooooousy move because a normal reg never calls a 4bet and you'd be turning your hand into a bluff.

Just 4bet and get it in. If you 4bet just the slight chance that he goes broke with AK in blindsteal situations gives you good enough reasons to go broke ;)

It can be an option to call here sometimes, but then you need to go broke with an overpair obviously. I would just ship it.