An SSS "Adventure"...

• FirestormX
      FirestormX
      Bronze
      Adventure sounds better than diary.

I plan on using this thread to keep track of my daily ups and downs. I've decided that there is likely some value to be gained by keeping track on a session by session basis how I'm doing. It may allow me to identify some leaks over the long term.

A little bit abbout me - I've been playing poker for about 4 years. I've had no formal training (until arriving at Pokerstrategy a couple weeks ago) and I havn't read any poker books.

My poker career started when a friend gave me $8.80 to play in 2 $4.40 180 mans on Pokerstars. I ended up finishing in 1st place on one of the tournaments, and have, over the course of my 4 years of playing turned that couple hundred into a few thousand.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poker site: Pokerstars
      Opening Bankroll: $100
      Strategy: SSS

Goals:

1. While keeping to a 30 Buy-in BRM, Move up to at least NL100
      2. Master the SSS
      3. Make money
      4. More to come
  • 5 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Adventure does sound better. :P

SSS can be very swingy though, so don't get to disheartened should you lose a few buyins.

Congratulations on picking the best site on the net btw (pokerstars :heart:) ;)

Anyway, good luck,

Danny
    • FirestormX
      FirestormX
      Bronze
      Day 1

Opening BR: $100
      Stakes: NL25
      Tables: 4
      Hands: 617

Notes:
      - I got donked out by a SS who called a $1.50 raise with Q4o. I was on the BU with KQs. He made 2 pair to beat my top pair.
      - A4s calls $1.25 pre-flop. Ace flops against my KK. (half my stack)
      - AA against KQ and KJ. All-in on the flop. Board was: 67K 6 K. Against 2 opponents. Lame...
      - 2 minutes after the last hand: I have JJ against AJ. Flop comes AJ8 - 2 spades. I bet. He raises. I push. he calls. River Ace.

Coinflips: 0/2

Closing BR: $85.40

Not the greatest first entry into the blog... Some pretty terrible variance. SSS seems to be working fairly well other than that. Hopefully my luck switches before I have to drop down a limit.
    • FirestormX
      FirestormX
      Bronze
      Thanks Danny,

Entry 1 does a pretty good job of showing swingy .(although it was a pretty short session as it's mothers day...)

Pokerstars = best. Especially for SSS.
    • FirestormX
      FirestormX
      Bronze
      Day 1 (Part 2)

Opening BR: $85.40
      Hands: 739 (1356)

Notes: Pretty good session. No outstanding bad beats. I watched a movie at the same time. Benjamin Button... interesting movie. Much better conclusion to Day 1

Closing BR: $105.25
      +/- : $19.85
    • FirestormX
      FirestormX
      Bronze
      Day 2

Opening BR: $105.25
      Hands: 186 (1542)

Notes: Session got cut... REALLY short. Highly profitable though, which is a good thing.

My last hand of the session was a bit of a bummer.

I had QQ UTG. MP1 calls $1, SB raises to $3.50. I push. MP1 folds SB calls.

Flop QJJ
      Turn J
      River J

SB had TT for a split pot...

Closing BR: $125.65
      +/- : $20.40