This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

An SSS "Adventure"...

• FirestormX
      FirestormX
      Bronze
      Adventure sounds better than diary.

I plan on using this thread to keep track of my daily ups and downs. I've decided that there is likely some value to be gained by keeping track on a session by session basis how I'm doing. It may allow me to identify some leaks over the long term.

A little bit abbout me - I've been playing poker for about 4 years. I've had no formal training (until arriving at Pokerstrategy a couple weeks ago) and I havn't read any poker books.

My poker career started when a friend gave me $8.80 to play in 2 $4.40 180 mans on Pokerstars. I ended up finishing in 1st place on one of the tournaments, and have, over the course of my 4 years of playing turned that couple hundred into a few thousand.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poker site: Pokerstars
      Opening Bankroll: $100
      Strategy: SSS

Goals:

1. While keeping to a 30 Buy-in BRM, Move up to at least NL100
      2. Master the SSS
      3. Make money
      4. More to come
  • 5 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Adventure does sound better. :P

SSS can be very swingy though, so don't get to disheartened should you lose a few buyins.

Congratulations on picking the best site on the net btw (pokerstars :heart:) ;)

Anyway, good luck,

Danny
    • FirestormX
      FirestormX
      Bronze
      Day 1

Opening BR: $100
      Stakes: NL25
      Tables: 4
      Hands: 617

Notes:
      - I got donked out by a SS who called a $1.50 raise with Q4o. I was on the BU with KQs. He made 2 pair to beat my top pair.
      - A4s calls $1.25 pre-flop. Ace flops against my KK. (half my stack)
      - AA against KQ and KJ. All-in on the flop. Board was: 67K 6 K. Against 2 opponents. Lame...
      - 2 minutes after the last hand: I have JJ against AJ. Flop comes AJ8 - 2 spades. I bet. He raises. I push. he calls. River Ace.

Coinflips: 0/2

Closing BR: $85.40

Not the greatest first entry into the blog... Some pretty terrible variance. SSS seems to be working fairly well other than that. Hopefully my luck switches before I have to drop down a limit.
    • FirestormX
      FirestormX
      Bronze
      Thanks Danny,

Entry 1 does a pretty good job of showing swingy .(although it was a pretty short session as it's mothers day...)

Pokerstars = best. Especially for SSS.
    • FirestormX
      FirestormX
      Bronze
      Day 1 (Part 2)

Opening BR: $85.40
      Hands: 739 (1356)

Notes: Pretty good session. No outstanding bad beats. I watched a movie at the same time. Benjamin Button... interesting movie. Much better conclusion to Day 1

Closing BR: $105.25
      +/- : $19.85
    • FirestormX
      FirestormX
      Bronze
      Day 2

Opening BR: $105.25
      Hands: 186 (1542)

Notes: Session got cut... REALLY short. Highly profitable though, which is a good thing.

My last hand of the session was a bit of a bummer.

I had QQ UTG. MP1 calls $1, SB raises to $3.50. I push. MP1 folds SB calls.

Flop QJJ
      Turn J
      River J

SB had TT for a split pot...

Closing BR: $125.65
      +/- : $20.40