This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

55 against bluffy guy

• Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $1(BB) Replayer
      ($96.10)
      Hero ($104)

Dealt to Hero 5:heart: 5:club:

Hero raises to $3, calls $2,

FLOP ($6) 4:spade: Q:club: 4:heart:

bets $5.70, Hero raises to $14, calls $8.30,

TURN ($34) 4:spade: Q:club: 4:heart: 8:heart:

check, check,

RIVER ($34) 4:spade: Q:club: 4:heart: 8:heart: 2:heart:

bets $33, Hero calls $33,

Same bluffy guy, that made alot of moves on paired flops.

I raise because I think I'm very often good at this flop, and I want to win the pot right here.

When he call, I put him on random bluff, A high, Q or maybe slowplayed trips.
      Ok call on river?
  • 2 replies
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I love the reraise on flop, vs a lot of villains I would re-raise here with a tun of hands (donking is so often a bluff here) + you will get your "big hands" payed off more"

check behind on turn is obviously fine, although you can bet turn for a free showdown on river aswell. Villain won't call on turn with alot of worse hands, so checking behind is definatly good.

As played I would fold river vs unknown, if you know he could bluffbet here with this (large) betsize calling is OK. Unknown villain will usualy have a 4 or Q with good kicker here.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      After this hand you definitely know with what hands he bets potsize on the river.

I would call the river since your pair is good enough many times. Most importantly you get an info about him, it's expensive but I think it's a good spot to see it.