This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 99 sh

• gummybeared
      gummybeared
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (5 handed) - Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (MP) ($5.07)
      Button ($6.19)
      SB ($12.07)
      BB ($4.84)
      UTG ($3.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9, 9
      1 fold, Hero bets $0.17, Button raises to $0.29, 1 fold, BB calls $0.24, Hero raises to $1.18, Button calls $0.89, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.67) 9, 9, 7 (2 players)

what next, and how's the pf play? btn is fish(history) bb unknown
  • 3 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      You can bet here represting an OP but I don't think you are getting called here.
      Better just to check it, let him catch up or just to bluff.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Check-call flop, button may decide to cbet with air and will certainly value bet with OP. Even fish generally have a hand when they raise-call on the flop.

If villain bets flop, check turn to see if you can get a second barrel from fish with air. The second barrel will pretty much be a shove.

if the villain checks behind on the flop, bluff-induce the turn. Make a "I have a flush draw" blocking bet, ~$1. It might even get villain to fishy call with AKo overair.

On the river, shove. Either fish has a hand by now that can pay or he doesnt. There is no value in checking OOP with a genuine monster on the river except vs terrible maniacs. Even better, we look like we tried a weak bluff on the turn and are now trying to buy our way out of it.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Preflop is fine if you wanted to ship it against the button for w/e reason

On the flop, it depends on what type of fish it is (calling station or maniac). I'm guessing he's a maniac by the preflop action, so then I'll go for c/c flop c/c turn (you should be all in by then, if not, ship it on the river)