SSS at Fulltilt - not working

• captainevil
      captainevil
      Bronze
      I have read and understand pokerstrategy.com's SSS fully.

That being said, I took my 50 startup capital, won a 90 man $3 SNG, and cashed in a PLO tourney to increase my roll to $150.

Following EVERY rule of SSS, I have lost 5 buyins after 1000 hands of $25NL. Dropping down to $10NL, I lost a further 5 buyins after another 1000 hands.

I know it's only 2k hands, and most of you will probably give me the "probabilities are not reflective of their proportions" speech, but I did not get unlucky (too many times) during my sessions today. I simply think that SSS is not a good way to make profit.

Any comments? Am I just having a really bad day? Do any of you make profit at $10 and $25NL 9-man ring games following SSS?

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Answered your own question.....

Play 50,000 hands then maybe you can draw the conclusion as to if it's profitable or not.

$3 90 man SNG is out of BRM.

If you are not happy wityh the SSS, try the BSS, or try FL, there are some excellent blogs on each in the blog section, also a few on SSS.

Try reading peoples that have a bigger hand sample and seeing thier results?

You can't understand SSS fully as you don't even have access to all the articles yet? The strategy almost changes completely when you read the gold articles.
    • hansfjeld10
      hansfjeld10
      Bronze
      :D :D :spade:
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello captainevil,

1,000 or 2,000 hands are not a sufficient sample size to say anything. Did you use a tracking program to keep track of your played hands? If not try downloading the PokerStrategy Elephant and important your hand histories. Give us some statistics on your play (VPIP and PFR) and try looking at your biggest losing hands.

Since you don't have much experience with SSS you might still have a lot of leaks that were costing you money.

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hello captainevil,

1,000 or 2,000 hands are not a sufficient sample size to say anything. Did you use a tracking program to keep track of your played hands? If not try downloading the PokerStrategy Elephant and important your hand histories. Give us some statistics on your play (VPIP and PFR) and try looking at your biggest losing hands.

Since you don't have much experience with SSS you might still have a lot of leaks that were costing you money.

Best regards
      SoyCD

The man knows his stuff :D (As long it is a man of course) :P
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by captainevil
      Following EVERY rule of SSS, I have lost 5 buyins after 1000 hands of $25NL. Dropping down to $10NL, I lost a further 5 buyins after another 1000 hands.
      5 buy-ins is nothing. I've been down 20 buy-ins with SSS before. These things happen and they are totally normal.

Honestly I wish SSS were less profitable. I find myself being lazy and just playing more SSS when I need to start improving my BSS game. :f_cry: