$2.30
      MP3:
      $2.00
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $4.91

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, A.
      MP3 posts deadblind, CO posts deadblind, UTG1 calls $0.10, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 folds, MP3 checks, CO checks, BU calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.70) Q, 6, 4 (7 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, UTG1 checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.70) 8 (7 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BB folds, UTG1 calls $0.20, MP1 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, CO folds, BU folds.

River: ($1.30) 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, UTG1 folds, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.30.

There were a lot of people in the hand so I decided to complete with this hand. I instantly hit a flush on the flop and decide to slow play since I don't want to scare anyone away and there are still a lot of people in the pot. When I raise too much everyone is gone, but when I don't raise I don't get any value. Should I place a min bet on the flop so that a couple of people would call and significantly increase the pot?
  • 9 replies
    • Aimboy
      Aimboy
      Bronze
      You need 5:1 pot odds to complete with AXs, so you made right decision on preflop to call that. Check/call flop is ok, you can expect that someone will raise in this multi-pots, but you have to play more agresively on turn, I would bet 0,5$ turn and rightly more on the river.
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      i think u played it well. no one else hit unfortunately so u were never going to make more money after the flop.

im no fan of min betting, it makes your game readable. its better to either bet 2/3 of the pot or all - in, consistantly, imho.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I also think it's fine to c/c flop, but to lead out betting might not be a bad idea, since in lower limits players tend to be very passive.

A played I suggest pot-size bet on turn and push river.
    • MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      in SSS, you never call, unless to go all-in.
    • Aimboy
      Aimboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MancaMulas
      Since when? -.-
    • MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      that's what I read in the articles. but if I'm wrong, tell me why
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      that's what I read in the articles. but if I'm wrong, tell me why
      i think its covered here http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/273/
      in this case the hero has flopped the nuts and wants to extract maximum cash. any over agressive action on a flop like this and everyone is likely to fold.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Aimboy
      Since when? -.-
      It's strongly recommended NOT to slowplay SSS in lower limits because of lack of experience and especially because players on NL10 and NL25 tend to be very passive. So that you have better chance of extracting value by betting, rather than expecting them to take the lead.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Luitzen,

Why not shove preflop with 5bb dead money for 18bb??

As played, I c/c Flop but as everyone checks behind betting 1/2 pot is sufficient to let some make their draw or call with their Toppair

If you get callers, bet 1/2 Pot on the River, if you get raised on the Turn, it depends how much you are investing from your original stack ;)

- Gerv