Stack
      Hero:
      $11,04
      CO:
      $23,72
      BU:
      $10,00

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      Hero raises to $0,40, CO calls $0,40, BU calls $0,40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1,35) J:heart: , 4:diamond: , 3:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,80, CO folds, BU raises to $1,80, Hero calls $1,00.

Turn: ($4,95) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3,00, Hero raises to $8,84 (All-In), BU calls $4,80 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($20,55) 5:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $20,55

I'm a bit unsure how to think in this situation. Folding on the flop is too weak, but that would mean I'd have to bet/push on the flop... He's playing a tag-style and would probably call with SC/PP/AJ+ or something preflop in position. Maybe I want to push after all? I have a pretty good equity against that range.

Is calling his minraise on the flop and re-evaluating on the turn weird? And what's the difference if a blank comes out on the turn and he bets out? Then I could've simply pushed on the flop.
  • 1 reply
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Your flop bet is too small. Make it $1.1 or so.

I think you gave his range pretty well, and it can be likely that he's trying to get it in with a straight+fd. In this situation it is probably a good idea to call the flop, see a blank turn and ship it there because he will probably be bet/calling his combodraw then on the turn with much less equity than if you would've shoved it on the flop. This line also keeps AJ in better because some people might get away with it with a raise/fold on the flop, but are commited on the turn.