SSS and 6-max

• brafal
      brafal
      Bronze
      Can we apply this rule to 6max tables? And what will change?

I still am able to find tables for sss on NL10 limits, however, as the stakes rise there are less and less full ring tables.

Btw, this strategy has worked out pretty well until now. Had my bad beats, but I still keep making profits and points to clear my bonus.

Cheers
  • 9 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      At 6max the blinds will eat you if you will play that tight. And well.. Shortstacking at 6max is bad for karma. ;)
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello brafal,

The SSS has been designed to be used at NL FR tables due to the fact that on SH tables you need to be play looser than this strategy describes and also, as previously mentioned, the blinds will eat in to your stack as they are coming around alot more often.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • brafal
      brafal
      Bronze
      Thanx, this explained it perfectely.
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      you need to be play looser
      No you don't of course
      If you play good SSS you can steal like 35+ and play on FR tables 11/11 of something. With the same play you will have like 22/20 on SH tables. And this is not tight stats at all, expecialy for SSSer.

If you are talking for the basic strategy, then there is a simple explanation why you are not going to play loose: DON'T play at all on SH tables if you don't have the EXP

Best regards,
      Kukki :s_love:
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello kukkiwonBG,

The point i was trying to make is that i personally dont think that you can take the basic SSS SHC and apply it to a SH game without opening up your range due to the frequency of the Blinds and the tightness of the SHC, hence me saying playing looser.

As the OP is still bronze status then he's not going to have knowledge of the advanced strategies for SSS and he's not going to have experience with Steals and Re-Steals as these subjects are gold Status.

Obviously i have never played SSS SH and these observations are based on my own personal feelings.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      As the OP is still bronze status then he's not going to have knowledge of the advanced strategies for SSS and he's not going to have experience with Steals and Re-Steals as these subjects are gold Status.
      YES, and my point was, when you are going to be the voice of PokerStrategy your job was to say to him TO GET REAL and stick to the basics. SH SSS is very andvanced and even if you can played with a basic strategy on the low limits and be a winner you still can play into you BR and make more money with SSS FR or BSS micro stackes.

Best
      Kukki :s_love:
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Shortstacking at 6max is bad for karma. ;)
      You wish :s_evil:
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      P.S. I'm "still" a bronze status too, but I have played like at least 300k SSS.
      Don't judge people by theyr collors :s_o:
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello KukkiwonBG,

I wasn't recommending that the OP should consider playing SSS SH and i wasn't intentionally judging anyone by the status.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve