Custom Avatars!

• 14 replies
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      I think they are worried that your avatar mightbe a mardyBUM...........
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      or a lardybum
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      I think they are worried that your avatar mightbe a mardyBUM...........
      haha :f_biggrin:

Originally posted by TheBrood
      or a lardybum
      HAHA :s_biggrin:

Don't worry MrMardyBum, the custom avatars have been taken into consideration and are a part of the "upgrades" we'll be having, just like the new smilies for example :f_p:

Best regards,
      vhallee
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Awesome :s_cool:

Perhaps I might make it one of those two suggestions now :P
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      @vhallee

Can you comment on what the other "upgrades" are. And when these changes might be made.

Regards,

Matt.
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by straddler71
      @vhallee

Can you comment on what the other "upgrades" are. And when these changes might be made.

Regards,

Matt.
      Hey Matt,

At the moment I cannot give you any details as we are currently working on bringing as many new features as possible. Due to the fact that we're not sure when we will release them (but it should be soon), it's quite hard to say anything for sure and rather than saying something and be wrong, I better not say anything yet ;)

Best regards,
      vhallee
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Actually that is not correct: it is quite possible that there will be no custom avatars - but it is quite possible that at some point of time the profile picture from the community will be integrated into the forum.
    • superjunk
      superjunk
      Bronze
      I dont want custom avatars.. :)
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by superjunk
      I dont want custom avatars.. :)
      Agreed, it would make the forum look like any other forum imo. It would distract from the main purpose which is to read with ease and become better players.

Custom signatures(pics) would be a big mistake, but I really think you need to let us use more characters. At the moment I can only fit 2 links in it, meaning I can't add the link to the caption contest =P
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Sucks if you don't imo.....

Why have a forum where you can't even do the basics that you can on any other forum?

Slightly boring atm if you ask me. Just seeing the same pics over and over with custom avatars you would be able to look at the pic and instantly know who posted....

Without, this forum will always look plain and boring, and the other forums I frequent will always look better.
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      we still want em!
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by gredal
      we still want em!
      not me ;)
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      There are currently no plans to implement the avatars - this is due to various reasons, one of them being the workload of the responsible department :)

Hadi
    • DiegoFueng
      DiegoFueng
      Bronze
      It would be great

Im tired of this status avatar. I mean, is not that i want, but i read some basic, bronze, or silver guy and i dont care, but i read dimonds and stuff, not quiet nice, not what i want either.

I just think it would be for the best, some personality to the forum, not just some bronze, silver, etc soldiers posting around.

Show us there's a person behaind that status!