Instant cash bonuses now avaliable to everyone!

• Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

Pokerstars has decided that the instant cash bonuses formerly only avaliable for UK players in May should be avaliavle to everyone. On top of that, they will be avaliable in May AND June! You can only buy one of each each month, but you are sitll able to get nice $184 per month extra, and you get them instantly, there is no need to clear them by collecting more points :) .

So, here are the FPP structures needed for bonuses:

$8 bonus - 500 FPP
      $16 bonus - 1000FPP
      $160 bonus - 10000FPP

Have fun getting the bonuses, I'm off to grind 6,5k more FPP I need to get this month for the extra $160 :) .
  • 39 replies
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Sounds good.........

Any idea how many hands of NL10 NL20 BSS FR to make 500 FFP's?

Cheers
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      list of VPP´s per limit + rake per limit

^^should answer your question :) .
    • s1ndr0me
      s1ndr0me
      Bronze
      its great PS are doing this but I do feel sorry for people who are just learning. I've played 40k+ hands @ PS but at very low stakes and gaining those fpp's is no easy task. A $16 bonus is a p**s in the ocean for anyone playing all but 0.01/0.02. but you try getting 1K fpp's at that level. I really feel that PS don't encourage new players.

I'd like to see a n00b bonus based on hands played. $5 for 10k hands as kind of loyalty bonus

All that said. I'll certaintly be cashing my 1000 points for $16
    • cyzo
      cyzo
      Bronze
      PokerStars would prefer that newer players play higher limits in order to generate more rake.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cyzo
      PokerStars would prefer that newer players play higher limits in order to generate more rake.
      +1 :) .

i don't think you even generate 5$ rake in 10k hands on 0.01/0.02... just deposit and you'll get access to bonuses on stars :) . It is known that stars has decent promotions only for high limit high volume players, if you want to get bonuses at micros, i suggest playing at full tilt or ipoker... but we all know how gay they are ;) . or you could try playing sng's on stars. but honestly, 0.01/0.02 is so easy to beat that you should have a good winrate at it and build up your BR soon to be able to collect points. remember, winrate > bonuses!
    • s1ndr0me
      s1ndr0me
      Bronze
      lol I have earnt enough points/status now :-) This isnt a moan about my particular situation but the many 1000's of others that havent been fortunate enough to find Pokerstrategy and are playing with thier hard earnt cash possibly for the very first time.

all I was saying is people play a large volume at those very low levels and that it would be nice if PS rewarded those that are struggling but still loyal to their brand. After all someone cutting thier teeth and playing a few 10k hands has certainly put a lot of hours and although not directly generated a lot of rake the tables and hours that they played have definatly paid a few bills at PS HQ.

Please don't think I am knocking the OP's post or even the VIP scheme cause I know once you're on it a winning its a very nice "bonus".
    • cyzo
      cyzo
      Bronze
      If you can make the jump to NL25 ($5 SSS buyins - a pretty small amount), you can hit supernova playing less than 2 hours a day and make a good living at the same time.

edit:
      What I mean is that if they would just buy in for $5 instead of $2 they could make $$$$$ and get plenty of rewards.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      This is really awesome for people at the micro-low stakes cause these bonuses are of the maximum efficiency i.e. just as FPP efficient as the 4K supernova bonus.

I urge everyone who has saved up around 10k+ FPP to cash in on this so you get a BR boost as it's gonna be a while before you earn the higher bonuses!
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      If you can make the jump to NL25 ($5 SSS buyins - a pretty small amount), you can hit supernova playing less than 2 hours a day and make a good living at the same time.

edit:
      What I mean is that if they would just buy in for $5 instead of $2 they could make $$$$$ and get plenty of rewards.
      Can you make some calculations pls.
    • Haficek77
      Haficek77
      Bronze

edit:
      Yes, NL25 is really great.
    • cyzo
      cyzo
      Bronze
      Bonus Adjusted Hourly Winrate (assuming 2ptbb/100 hands, which should be achievable at this limit):

(2 hours/day)*(365.25 days/year)*(24 tables)*(70 hands/(table*hour)*((2 ptbb/100 hands)*(2 big blinds/ptbb)*($.25/big blind)+(11vpps/100 hands)*(3.5fpps/vpp)*($.0161/fpp)) = $19879.45/year

note:134996 vpps have been collected, so supernova status is assumed. Of course, you could play more than an average of 2 hours per day. Doing much more than that would put the yearly earnings over those of most people in the workforce. getting at least 200000 vpps in a year also delivers milestone bonuses, adding thousands of dollars to the yearly wage. I also assume here that the concierge service is used when spending fpps in the VIP store, as it provides a rate of slightly over 1.61 cents per fpp, which is better than the cash bonuses.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      what's concierge service?
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      When you have like UBER FPP's you can ask pokerstars to buy other stuff not on there shop... Abd they will tell you how many points it will cost...

So I could see like I dunno, a new mouse for my PC, and tell stars and they will see if I can have it...

This is how I percieve it anyway, but could be wrong.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      ty for the calculations.

I like the fact that you put in 365.25 days a year :P love it
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      When you have like UBER FPP's you can ask pokerstars to buy other stuff not on there shop... Abd they will tell you how many points it will cost...

So I could see like I dunno, a new mouse for my PC, and tell stars and they will see if I can have it...

ooh, so i can get my porsche boxster instead of cayman, nice :P .
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze

Of course, though why you would want a common porsche and not something a little more expensive and tastful is beyond me.....

At 253 MPH, the Bugatti Veyron was the first supercar to beat out the McLaren F1 for top production car speed in over a decade. However, it only held that title until 2007 when it was beat out by the SSC Ultimate Aero TT. Nonetheless, it still holds performance records for quickest accelerating and decelerating road-legal production car.

;)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze

Of course, though why you would want a common porsche and not something a little more expensive and tastful is beyond me.....

At 253 MPH, the Bugatti Veyron was the first supercar to beat out the McLaren F1 for top production car speed in over a decade. However, it only held that title until 2007 when it was beat out by the SSC Ultimate Aero TT. Nonetheless, it still holds performance records for quickest accelerating and decelerating road-legal production car.

;)
      porsche boxster is ~€60k.

bugatti veyron is €1,000,000!

never gonna be that rich unless i win WSOP ME or something, and that's pretty much impossible ;) .
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      (2 hours/day)*(365.25 days/year)*(24 tables)*(70 hands/(table*hour)*((2 ptbb/100 hands)*(2 big blinds/ptbb)*($.25/big blind)+(11vpps/100 hands)*(3.5fpps/vpp)*($.0161/fpp)) = $19879.45/year
      LOL, I love how you just assume 24 tables. I wish I could play that many, but 6 is fine for me. I would need to be playing NL100 at least to get to Supernova with 6 tables.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Nothing is impossible.... The only limits you face in life are the ones that you set for yourself ;)