Down to 19usd, whats the next move?

• JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hello everyone, my name is.. bah doesnt matter.

After 7700hands of SSS my BR is down to unpleseant 19usd.

Like my first 2000 was learning not to make mistakes, but since SSS is quite simple and easy to learn, i can say that except few mistakes which probably did cost me maybe 1-2usd, im doing what im supposed to do =)
      Anyway my graph:

Since my VPIP and PFR is at 4.7% now, i can assume im not lucky in getting right cards. Another thing is that i do so much lose like QQ against 99 etc.

But i dont wanna just whine here about SSS not working bla bla downswing etc.
      Its just im trying to learn more, but to be honest there isnt much more to learn about NL10 SSSing. Ofc i do reviews etc. but...

My point is: What now?=)
      I mean im a bit scared of going broke. Am a bit scared to go on SSS and i cant move down a limit. I wondered if i should try learning BSS and try to get my BR healed on NL2? I got another account on iPoker site ( sux so much ) and i can learn some of BSS to be able to beat NL2.. And i think beating NL2 wouldnt be so big problem, would it =)

Any suggestions?
      Anyway, thanks for this community and have a nice day =)
  • 13 replies
    • Haficek77
      Haficek77
      Bronze
      where you play?
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Haficek77
      where you play?
      Pokerstars.. Its quite a nice site, i rly like it.. And i do ofc use table selection ;)
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      Woah, at least now I know I'm not alone :D
      I play SSS at FullTilt on NL10 w/ table selection.

PT3 shows me that I have a total loss of ~$46.
      But thanks to FullTilt bonus my BR now is at $35.

Variance sux :P

Why not SSS at NL5 on Stars?
      If that still doesn't work then try NL2 SSS.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kenthmp

Why not SSS at NL5 on Stars?
      If that still doesn't work then try NL2 SSS.
      Well the problem is Stars doesnt allow to SSS on NL5 and NL2.. So i cant move down a limit on Stars.. :/
      I was going to switch to BSS anyway but i thought at first i get my 50usd first deposit bonus with SSS + make some profit through that and maybe try SSS on NL25 then..
      Yea Variance sux .. Im really trying not to blame just variance, but with basic SSS there isnt much to screw, since you understand it once =)

Anyway.. on iPoker site i already had 2 profitable sessions on NL2 BSS. Im rerading arcticles and gonna watch some videos through weekend. Hopefully after few days ill feel comfortable enough to start healing my BR at Stars..

Anyway, good luck!
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      Oh sorry. Now I know that the minimum buy in at NL5 and NL2 is actually 40BB at Pokerstars. At FullTilt it allows you to buy in at 20BB on those micro stakes.
    • D4NNYP
      D4NNYP
      Bronze
      Hey Juice

15 days ago my BR was down to $20, (though mine was down to bad BRM), but i started playing NL10 to the book. Like you there is no other choice, even to play BSS at a lower level you do not have enough BR.

When i started with SSS i played exactly to the book, no deviating from the starting hands even when i thought it was right to steal or re-steal. I had no faith in the system but stuck with it...I suppose i felt i had nothing to lose..

6000 hands later I've now recovered to just over my original starting BR...I'm at $57...

I suggest you keep plugging away and hope for a change of luck. And As you've been doing, keep checking the SHC just to make sure you've got it right, i think the profits are so marginal that the slightest mistakes can hurt you..

If everything is ok with your game, you've still got enough bank roll to take a few more knocks, before things will surely change...

Hope this offers you some hope and good luck...

Dan
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hey D4NNYP, Thanks for support!

I totaly got your point. But the fear to SSS again is just too big =) i do have faith in it, but i think im gonna use it again when my BR is a bit higher.. I know i dont even have right BR on BSS NL2, but since there are so many guys on NL2 who simply dont know whats going on i hope im not gonna get broke there ;)
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      [x] coin flip
    • Alafoe
      Alafoe
      Bronze
      Thats the result of this site doing from people alive bots and call theyr algorithm strategy. Switch to your own game if you want not to be ruled by others.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alafoe
      Thats the result of this site doing from people alive bots and call theyr algorithm strategy. Switch to your own game if you want not to be ruled by others.

of course nl10 is full of sharks that will exploit the sss so hard :f_mad:
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      How about playing microstakes FL? Your BR is good for 0.02/0.04 and imho 20$ should be enough to start 0.05/0.10 where you can recover quickly just by playing ABC poker. 0.05/.010 on 2,3 tables at the tiime should get you back to 5'$ in two weeks if you play by the book.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berkstajger
      How about playing microstakes FL? Your BR is good for 0.02/0.04 and imho 20$ should be enough to start 0.05/0.10 where you can recover quickly just by playing ABC poker. 0.05/.010 on 2,3 tables at the tiime should get you back to 5'$ in two weeks if you play by the book.
      Thanks for suggestion.. But i dont think im about to switch to FL for now.. Would be annoying since i dont know anything about FL =)

Anyway.. i find NL2 really fishy so far.. I only have read articles once.. Had 3 sessions all profitable even through some bad beats =) So i dont really play well now and still its enough, so after few days and some videos watched, i hope ill be fine, if im not hit by some nasty downswing =)
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Ok, whatever works for you. :)

Good luck! :f_cool: