This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL200 donkbet, shove/muck/flat?

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (9 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

MP1 ($91.95)
      MP2 ($253.45)
      Hero (MP3) ($41.75)
      CO ($50.70)
      Button ($120.75)
      SB ($201)
      BB ($68)

UTG ($184.25)
      UTG+1 ($224.10)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, K
      2 folds, MP1 calls $2, 1 fold, Hero bets $9, 3 folds, BB calls $7, 1 fold

Flop: ($21) 3, Q, J (2 players)
      BB bets $4, Hero ?

Donkbet can be KQ/KJ/AQ/Set/2Pair/FD/OESD

Safest thing is to muck but betting 2bb into a 10.5bb pot and then mucking is too weak... Shove or Call & evaluate?
  • 8 replies
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      If villain pins you down at A K it would be profitable for him to call with any hand containing a Q, J, 3 or flush draw.
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      he looks very lose and a little fishy, i would never fold to a min donk bet looking at his stats and considering your outs. i would either call or raise depending on how he played previous hands as he donks 25% of the time.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      If his small_donkbet_range is as tight as you think it is then shoving the flop is pretty neutral EV-wise. Folding to reduce variance seems fine.

Calling could lead to a lot of difficult turns and is obviously terrible if villain is likely to fire a reasonable 4th street bet (eg. if his range is strong).

Looking at villain's AFq/WSD/W$SD/WWSF(?) he seems to be betting the 2nd best hand fairly often (perhaps bluffy/running bad) so on the basis of these stats (+call open) I'd just shove. It also feels good to raise a donk-bet.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      If villain really donks only the hands you put him on, then it's an easy muck imo, but I would say his donking range is much wider, at least for some bluffing frequency and thus I would push against this 33/5 guy.

88 hands isn't enough for any of postflop stats, so I would take them with caution...
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Wow, thats an unbelievably tight mindonk range you just put him on. Is that range based on Reads?
    • MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      this is not "Short Stack Strategy | as of Bronze"! this SSS may be silver or gold or something...
    • Padde
      Padde
      Bronze
      if you see foldequity, you should push directly.
      if there is no foldequity, its better to just call the donkbet i think.

no way i fold this hand here in my opinion.
      i would push
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      push directly gutshot 2 overs backdoor fdraw some fe.