This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Hand of the Day - Part VIII

• Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:diamond: , K:heart:
      UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, [color:#666666]4 folds[/color], [color:#FF0000]Hero raises[/color], [color:#666666]3 folds[/color], UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 8:club: , 2:diamond: , 4:club: [color:#0000FF](3 players)[/color]
      UTG checks, [color:#FF0000]UTG+1 bets[/color], [color:#FF0000]Hero raises[/color], UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) A:heart: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      UTG+1 checks, [color:#FF0000]Hero bets[/color], UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB.
  • 2 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      ok i will try
      actually i like the way hero played the hand. i think i would have played it totally different (and worse).

the preflop raise is standard.
      i think the raise on the flop is to let a flushdraw pay and to get a free card on the turn. then the A falls and if utg+1 didn´t hit this A its probably a very scary card for him. so hero doesn´t take the free card and bets again hoping utg+1 folds a pp or something like K8s.
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      ok i will try
      actually i like the way hero played the hand. i think i would have played it totally different (and worse).

the preflop raise is standard.
      i think the raise on the flop is to let a flushdraw pay and to get a free card on the turn. then the A falls and if utg+1 didn´t hit this A its probably a very scary card for him. so hero doesn´t take the free card and bets again hoping utg+1 folds a pp or something like K8s.
      yap that is right. Like you said we have position and our plan will be to take a free card on the turn but after that Ace as an scare card we can give it a try and bet the turn and hope that he will fold with every other card (despite a K or Q of course) we will check behind here and hope to hit a king or queen on the river.