Hand of the Day - Part VIII

• Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:diamond: , K:heart:
      UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, [color:#666666]4 folds[/color], [color:#FF0000]Hero raises[/color], [color:#666666]3 folds[/color], UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 8:club: , 2:diamond: , 4:club: [color:#0000FF](3 players)[/color]
      UTG checks, [color:#FF0000]UTG+1 bets[/color], [color:#FF0000]Hero raises[/color], UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) A:heart: [color:#0000FF](2 players)[/color]
      UTG+1 checks, [color:#FF0000]Hero bets[/color], UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB.
  • 2 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      ok i will try
      actually i like the way hero played the hand. i think i would have played it totally different (and worse).

the preflop raise is standard.
      i think the raise on the flop is to let a flushdraw pay and to get a free card on the turn. then the A falls and if utg+1 didn´t hit this A its probably a very scary card for him. so hero doesn´t take the free card and bets again hoping utg+1 folds a pp or something like K8s.
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      ok i will try
      actually i like the way hero played the hand. i think i would have played it totally different (and worse).

the preflop raise is standard.
      i think the raise on the flop is to let a flushdraw pay and to get a free card on the turn. then the A falls and if utg+1 didn´t hit this A its probably a very scary card for him. so hero doesn´t take the free card and bets again hoping utg+1 folds a pp or something like K8s.
      yap that is right. Like you said we have position and our plan will be to take a free card on the turn but after that Ace as an scare card we can give it a try and bet the turn and hope that he will fold with every other card (despite a K or Q of course) we will check behind here and hope to hit a king or queen on the river.