SSS Question

• captainevil
      captainevil
      Bronze
      SSS dictates that if a player raises before you, and you have a playable hand (based on SHC), to go all in.

My question is this: What if - at $25 NL - utg (or w/e position before me) min raises to $0.50. Maybe I have picked up a pot via c-bet, and have $5.50 in chips - 22 BBs. When the action folds to me with AK or QQ for example - hell even AA or KK, do I honestly push here for another $5? Now the villain is getting 6:5 odds to call - not exactly begging for a call here is it?

Now I know sometimes a villain will suspect an overraise, and actually make a call thinking AQ, or AJ is the best hand. But a +10 times push cannot possibly be EV here can it? Can someone justify this part of the strategy? Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by captainevil
      SSS dictates that if a player raises before you, and you have a playable hand (based on SHC), to go all in.

My question is this: What if - at $25 NL - utg (or w/e position before me) min raises to $0.50. Maybe I have picked up a pot via c-bet, and have $5.50 in chips - 22 BBs. When the action folds to me with AK or QQ for example - hell even AA or KK, do I honestly push here for another $5? Now the villain is getting 6:5 odds to call - not exactly begging for a call here is it?

Now I know sometimes a villain will suspect an overraise, and actually make a call thinking AQ, or AJ is the best hand. But a +10 times push cannot possibly be EV here can it? Can someone justify this part of the strategy? Thanks
      In cases like these you should raise to 3 x the villians raise ;)

Then play the hand as dictated by SSS.

In fact you should only go allin if raising 3 x villians raise is more than half your remaining stack, I'm sure that's in the articles.....
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      You reraise 3 x villains raise + 1 x for every caller, you only push if the raise equals ½ your stack.
      So a min raise of 0.5 would dictate you to raise 1.5 + 0.5 for every caller :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil:
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gredal
      You reraise 3 x villains raise + 1 x for every caller, you only push if the raise equals ½ your stack.
      So a min raise of 0.5 would dictate you to raise 1.5 + 0.5 for every caller :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil: :s_evil:
      Ner ner beat you, teach you to spam the gay red evil shark imo :P

However you added so, let ya off :P