I'm impressed so far!

• Stretch00
      Stretch00
      Basic
      Hello to everyone!
      I was a little worried about this site/forum, I have to admit. But after spending a few days surfing and reading I'M IMPRESSED. I have not passed the quiz yet,made 1 attempt. But I did figure I was going to fail, mostly because I know how bad my game has gotten!! I come to you for help! I really need it bad! At one time I thought I could play a little, I had a decent amount of MTT experience with a great ROI an ITM/ 45%. Somewhere along the grind I lost my whole game. So I am really going to try and go back to the beginning with my learning, I had been thinking about getting a coach or joining a coaching site and then I found this. I spent a lot of time on 2+2/P5s, but there's a lot of crap to filter there. I always wished for a more mature/professional and interactive type learning experience, I hope I've found it.
  • 12 replies
    • JTringer
      JTringer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Stretch00
      Hello to everyone!
      I was a little worried about this site/forum, I have to admit. But after spending a few days surfing and reading I'M IMPRESSED. I have not passed the quiz yet,made 1 attempt. But I did figure I was going to fail, mostly because I know how bad my game has gotten!! I come to you for help! I really need it bad! At one time I thought I could play a little, I had a decent amount of MTT experience with a great ROI an ITM/ 45%. Somewhere along the grind I lost my whole game. So I am really going to try and go back to the beginning with my learning, I had been thinking about getting a coach or joining a coaching site and then I found this. I spent a lot of time on 2+2/P5s, but there's a lot of crap to filter there. I always wished for a more mature/professional and interactive type learning experience, I hope I've found it.
      you probably failed because the quiz is retarded, ans 2+2 will do 100x more for your game than these forums will.no hate, just being honest
    • Stretch00
      Stretch00
      Basic
      So are you telling me I wasted my time here so far? If its so bad why are you still here? I really would like an answer I do not want to waste any more time with my game! I have just finished a 3 week lay off, and was just gonna do a lot of self evaluation on my game, and hopefully get some serious help. If this aint it please let me know.
    • VirtuaGod
      VirtuaGod
      Bronze
      Coming from a platinum member that's sooo strange LOL
    • StusMagic
      StusMagic
      Bronze
      you can get help on this site there are lots of successful who started out here dont listen to JTringer as you can see he is platin and i wonder why he is platin?He uses coachings/articles/vids all the time or he wouldnt be platinum here
    • Stretch00
      Stretch00
      Basic
      WOW that was a pretty BAD reply,and it does suck to hear,especially for someone new to the site and with no confidence in his game at all. I was really hoping this place would help me regain something/anything.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Pretty sure if we have Jon Little here making vids (former wpt player of the year), then the site must have some good material and be pretty useful. the majority of the players here are profitable and successful.

Hope you enjoy your stay here man, and its never a bad idea to be a member of several forums/instructional sites to try to build a well rounded game. I'm a p5s member too, mainly because the posters there include most of the best online MTT grinders in the world, and getting their opinion on different MTT strategies is invaluable.

As far as the community aspect and SNG/cash strategies go, pokerstrategy has p5s dominated IMO.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Don't take much to doubt urself huh strecth? I don't think ur going to find solutions to ur poker problems by getting ppl to tell u why they are still here. Not everything is for everyone and everyone can't do everything. The best advice anyone can possibly give u is to keep exploring and try to soak up as much knowledge as u can. Anything else is trying to cut corners and that just don't work in poker.
    • highsocietypro
      highsocietypro
      Bronze
      dude JTringer was very negative in his reply in my opinion this is a really good site, very supportive members who know what there talking about' good material, and at the end of the day your improving your game on there money, so by all means you should read on other sites too but dont let one power tripping platinum member put you off hes proberbly just got felted by a crazed fish and needed to steam off!!!! good luck!
    • Stretch00
      Stretch00
      Basic
      Maybe you should re-read the original post which was just my intro to the forum. I had lost my confidence long before I found PStrategy. I didn't come her to find someone to tell me why they're here! I asked that question after he flamed my INTRO...LOL...and I am not here to cut corners.
      I work as hard if not harder than anybody else on my game. I may not be as good, but I work hard and I am willing to keep working hard. I started my BR from free-rolls 5k players, and have never deposited a DIME, NOT $1, and built it mostly in large MTTs 500+ players! Talk about hard work.
      YEAH I LOST MY CONFIDENCE, but I still have not lost my drive. That's why I came here! And by coming here, to what I THOUGHT was going to be another vehicle of KNOWLEDGE. How did that action convey to you that I was cutting corners?

But thanks for this piece of advise. "The best advice anyone can possibly give u is to keep exploring"
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Stretch00,

I am sorry to hear that you have lost confidence in your game lately.

I honestly feel that you have come to the best place in order to regain your confidence as the articles, videos and public coaching sessions which help improve your game drastically if you are willing to put the time and effort into the studying.

Before i became a moderator here, i was a just a normal member like you are hoping to be and i can honestly say that all the resources here helped turn me into a better player. The resources will take you from basic knowledge all the way through to more advanced strategies that will allow you to become a winner at the higher levels.

As for passing the quiz, i would recommend reading and re-reading the basic articles as many times as you need to before trying the quiz again.

I hope this advice has helped you.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • adr0001
      adr0001
      Bronze
      Post deleted
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Well JTringer was either being sarcastic or is just stupid.

Pokerstrategy will easily make you a winning player, but you will be a pure TAG. After collecting all the knowledge on pokerstrategy it is good to do to deucescracked where they have some great videos to become really really good and easily beat the high stakes as well. I'd say that with pokerstrategy you can easily beat med stakes and maybe even some high ones.