[NL2-NL10] A,10 Blind steal, with odd limper (bad player)

• MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Gold
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $69.55
      CO:
      $23.25
      BU(Hero):
      $10.00
      SB:
      $28.50
      BB:
      $59.70
      UTG2:
      $50.00
      MP1:
      $12.75
      MP2:
      $11.70

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, T.
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.50, CO folds, Hero raises to $2.5, 2 folds, MP3 calls $2.00.

Flop: ($5.75) K, A, 5 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.50, Hero raises to $7.5(All-In), MP3 calls $6.00.

Turn: ($20.75) 6 (2 players)

River: ($20.75) 3 (2 players)

With him limping I didn't see any reason to give up the steal and both blinds FTS was over 96%, and he was a VPIP 54 PFR 2 ?! WTF? Across 498 Hands. Plus the weak ass bet on the flop made me believe I was ahead, should of laid down preflop here?

Final Pot: $20.75.

Results follow (highlight to see):

Hero shows a pair of aces (Ac Th)
      MP3 shows a pair of aces (Ad Qc)
      MP3 wins with a pair of aces (Ad Qc).

Final Pot: $20.75.
  • 6 replies
    • MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      In the articles of basic and bronze sections, AT can only be played on free play situations, because it doesn't even appear in the starting hands chart.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Gold
      Originally posted by MancaMulas
      In the articles of basic and bronze sections, AT can only be played on free play situations, because it doesn't even appear in the starting hands chart.

Read the silver & gold articles, and the steals and resteals. :)
    • Aimboy
      Aimboy
      Bronze
      There was one limper so this is not a steal anymore. Anyway I'm treating AT as playable hand from late pos. so I would play this hand in same way. On the flop you have easy decision - guy is a fish and you have TP.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I think your raise PF is fine. You'll be in position on flop and will have an easier time playing him if you consider his AF and fold to c-bet. With TP just bet all the way against this calling fish imo.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You don't steal , you isolate.

I don't see stats and with isolating, I really want to see stats to determine a good image of the opponent.
      As played, easy shove since AQ/AK will raise preflop and you only have to worry about AJ.

- Gerv
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      No way can you Lay Down Preflop here. Absolutely No way, You are MILES ahead of his Range, plus you have Position on him.

Flop Play is fine I think. Protect your hand, get Draws that are behind to call and weaker Aces to call. Sure sometimes you run into AQ/AK cos this Guy only raises KK or QQ+ pre but thats only a small percentage of the time.

If he did turn over AK or AQ I hope you made a note on the hand that he bet small with the *nuts*. Then you can Determine whether small bets mean Strength from him or not.