Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $20.05
      Hero:
      $20.08

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , A:heart:
      4 folds, MP2 calls $0.20, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.30) 8:diamond: , 3:diamond: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $2.00, MP2 calls $2.00.

Turn: ($6.30) 4:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $5.00, MP2 raises to $10.00, Hero raises to $17.08 (All-In), MP2 raises to $17.05 (All-In).

River: ($40.43) J:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $40.43

All fine?
  • 5 replies
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      His line is so strong and he seems like a reasonable player. I would put him on a set here and fold to the turn raise I think.
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nttflox
      His line is so strong and he seems like a reasonable player. I would put him on a set here and fold to the turn raise I think.
      Any reasonable player would raise flop with a set.

I'm going broke.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Diedobal
      Originally posted by nttflox
      Any reasonable player would raise flop with a set.

I'm going broke.
      No your heads up and pre-flop aggressor. Now you almost bet pot. He should know your not drawing or only with AQs or something like that.

His line very strongly indicates set with the limp pre-flop and all.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I think a reasonable player plays check-raise often because A :diamond: Q :diamond: is not the only drawing hand on our range to isolate (at least not in my range) something like A :diamond: X :diamond: , J :diamond: T :diamond: , JTo , QTo and basicly every suited broadway is also drawing and some suited conectors like 5 :diamond: 6 :diamond: ,6 :diamond: 7 :diamond: . And is easier to get an overpair to go broke on a drawy flop with a check-raise.

But I don't think he is good player playing 13/5/1.5af so he will play a set exactly like this (omg I flop a set!!!, check-call , check-minraise FTW) so the turn is an angry fold (I fold on the forums, but on the tables I'm probably going broke :f_biggrin: )
      I don't think his poker IQ is high enough to use this line as a semibluff
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      His hand looks like set, so bet/fold turn is likely better than bet/shove