[NL20-NL50] NL50SH -67o steal turns into trips

• nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($51.20)
      BB ($50)
      UTG ($52)
      MP ($97.75)
      Hero (CO) ($107.65)
      Button ($44.10)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6, 7
      2 folds, Hero bets $1.75, 2 folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75) K, 7, Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.60, BB calls $2.60

Turn: ($8.95) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($8.95) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $8.95, Hero raises to $20, BB raises to $45.65 (All-In), Hero calls $25.65

Total pot: $100.25 | Rake: $3

Villain: 33/17/5.5
      I don't like my river play. But still I don't think I can just call. I've seen him bet pot lots of times, nothing strange about his river bet.
  • 5 replies
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      I actually dont mind your river play. I would say that preflop if you know that BB is loosish and likes to protect his blinds then I wouldn't push him with a subpar hand.

That being said, after you commited yourself preflop your postflop c-bet was standard. His check on the turn either seemed to be sucking you into a reraise with TP No Kicker or a Q.

I think at this point your river play was perfect. He is not going to put you on a 7 with your prefop raise, yet he isn't going to put you on something as strong as hidden trips or top two pair. When he reraised the river I take it he either lucksacks a better 7 or more realistically 2 paired.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      I am playing the same river line here. You cant just-call such an aggressive opponent who could be bluffing with rubbish or betting with a slowplayed TP / top2. After villain shoves our value-raise we are often beat here but still winning often enough to crying call.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jaissica
      I am playing the same river line here. You cant just-call such an aggressive opponent who could be bluffing with rubbish or betting with a slowplayed TP / top2. After villain shoves our value-raise we are often beat here but still winning often enough to crying call.
      +1
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I'm stacking off there with trips. If he has a 7, you're splitting most of the time. But he could take the same line with KQ.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by caltabiano
      I'm stacking off there with trips. If he has a 7, you're splitting most of the time. But he could take the same line with KQ.
      +1