[NL20-NL50] NL50SH - Q10s

• nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($50.95)
      Hero (Button) ($79)
      BB ($29.95)
      UTG ($50)
      MP ($95.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, 10
      MP bets $1.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 9, 3, 7 (2 players)
      MP bets $3, Hero calls $3

Turn: ($10.25) K (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $7, MP raises to $18.50, Hero calls $11.50

River: ($47.25) 7 (2 players)
      MP bets $22.50, Hero folds

Total pot: $47.25 | Rake: $2.35

I have good implied odds to call the turn raise, right? Maybe I shouldn't bet the turn and just take a free card? I couldn't help myself when I saw the king not to bet. Besides almost every damn FD got there against my sets today, 3 out of 4 times, why shouldn't I hit at least the gutshot?
  • 5 replies
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Raise flop.

If you bet turn you can shove over his small reraise. You got enough outs + fold equity.

Alternative line would be check turn behind and bet any river IP.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      raise flop

as played, I like it. the K:club: is a good scare card and you can take the pot right there pretty often and you get good odds to call when he raises smallish. I'm not a big fan of stacking with a draw on the turn since it's not that strong so call turn and fold river unimproved seems fine to me.
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Diedobal
      Raise flop.

If you bet turn you can shove over his small reraise. You got enough outs + fold equity.

We can't do that, considering we're deep. For 100BB stacks, that could be a possibility, but not for over 150 IMO.

I agree, you we can raise the flop here. If you know he likes to multiple barrel, you can just call his flop bet and reraise his second barrel, so you get a prettier pot.

I find it weird that he c/r that K, since it's such a great card to 2nd barrel. My guess is that he's got a strong hand there, so it's a great spot to call, since you'll probably ship a nice pot in case you hit
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      I mix it up with calling and raising flop.

As played I barrel turn because of the scarecard and you got alot of outs. To the small raise and with the stacks you have, I call turn, and ship river if I hit.

I also might purbluff river if an Ace show up and I get checked to.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Snodreliss
      I mix it up with calling and raising flop.

As played I barrel turn because of the scarecard and you got alot of outs. To the small raise and with the stacks you have, I call turn, and ship river if I hit.

I also might purbluff river if an Ace show up and I get checked to.
      +1
      Because you´re a littlebit deep then I think calling is likely better than raising
      He would take c/f line a lot with air on the turn