$0.93
      SB:
      $2.13
      BB:
      $0.81
      UTG2:
      $11.14

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, 9.
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.57) Q, 5, 8 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.35, MP2 calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.27) 2 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.27) 6 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.33.

Final Pot: $2.10.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of nines (9 9)
      MP2 shows a pair of eights (8 T)
      Hero wins with a pair of nines (9 9).

I didn't bluff my opponent with the continuation bet, so I played check/fold.
      in the river he betted, i thought "I only have 0.33... ok, what the hell: Call"

but this is not in the strategy, it says that if we don't have a good hand (top pair, overpair, or better) we check/fold, and in this case, i should have folded, but for 0.33 i didn't have nothing to lose, to win 2$ :)
  • 6 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Nice hand imo. I don't really see a problem with your line here.

Villan could easy have a busted draw, and I think this is only backed up with the check on the turn.

Good job, well played :)

Danny
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      You made the right move.
      There's actually a strategy (not from pokerstrategy) called Bet-check-call. Bet on the flop, check on the turn, call a bet on the river.

It works well because a lot of the time your opponents will be all like "okay, he's checking the turn, must be giving up" and bam, you have a set of fives and they paid you out.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      When your c-bet doesn't work, ch/fold is standar.

But here you can push flop directly! Your c-bet is more than half your remaining stack. =)
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal

But here you can push flop directly! Your c-bet is more than half your remaining stack. =)
      I failed to notice that :(

[x] Am a noob :P
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hi MancaMulas,

nice to see you posting on the forum. :f_thumbsup:

Originally posted by dandycal

+1

Whenever your c-bet would consist of more than half of your stack it's better to just push, that's mostly due to situations in which you found yourself in this time, when you think "only 0.33, what the hell". This actually means you are pot commited and cannot give up the hand, because your remaining stack is just too small in comparison to the already built pot. Therefore it's better to directly push flop for max fold equity and avoiding commitment problems.

If you might have any additional questions feel free to click "Advise the judge to have another look" button.

Regards!
      burek2000
    • MancaMulas
      MancaMulas
      Bronze
      I have already notice that when I should make a continuation bet as bluff, and it is more than half my stack (so I go all-in), the opponents have more tendency to call my all-in, instead of when my bet ammount is the 2/3 of the pot, no matter the size of my stack.

but that's ok, I'll stick to the strategy, I'm not going to bad, I'm playing about two months ago

Thank you guys!