Silver
      $0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
      5 players

Stacks:
      UTG ($43.00)
      CO ($32.95)
      Hero (BTN) ($99.55)
      SB ($53.20)
      BB ($80.15)------40/29/AF=4.3/3bet=0 (30hands)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 5 players) Hero is BTN Q:club: Q:diamond:
      1 fold, CO calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.50, 1 fold, BB raises to $8, CO folds, Hero calls $5.50

Flop: 2:spade: 4:heart: T:heart: ($16.75, 2 players)
      BB bets $11, Hero calls $11

Turn: K:club: ($38.75, 2 players)
      BB bets $19, Hero calls $19

River: 2:heart: ($76.75, 2 players)
      BB goes all-in $42.15, Hero calls $42.15

In this hand should i fold on the flop or fold on the turn?
      Preflop i should 4bet this squeeze. Question is: if i 4bet lets say 20$ can i fold if he pushes?
      In general, how to play QQ preflop being deep?
  • 5 replies
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      In my honest opinion with a 40/29 I would 4 bet. Even though its a small sample size thats is very loose. If he calls I would push on the flop with that weak board.

If he pushes you all in after you 4 bet I would call. With the way you played preflop, I would have 4 bet him on the flop. Its a near perfect flop for you and he made a standard C-Bet. I would have raised to $44. If he has AK he has to fold. If he has JJ-JT-AT-KT whatever he has a tough decision to make. The unlikely chance he has AA or KK then you may be hooped, but your not a better chance to turn a profit with Queens than this example.

My guess is he had AK? My guess also is that if you 4 bet the flop he would have folded.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Yeah re-raise him pre-flop.

Raise him on the flop as played.
      Fold river as played, there is no way he is betting with a hand that you beat after draw completes on K high board.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      altough the sample is low he looks kind of aggro, that's why I'm 4bet/calling (can't be too -ev < 200bb if it's -ev at all which I doubt)

as played raise/broke flop
      as played fold river, I agree with dragar that you don't beat anything he is betting there
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would just call pf, but I would just likely raise flop and get there money all-in
      If he happens to have KK/AA or set, then fine, but I belive that you´re often ahead and better is get all-in on the flop, when just callinf down
      As played: tirn call is fine, btu you should fold river
      He shouldn´t bluff there enough times with worse hand to call down profitable
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Either 4bet-shove preflop if you are feeling good about the 30 hand read on the guy being very loose, or raise-shove that flop.

If you wernt capable of raising a cbet on a flop like that you probably should have folded preflop :)