This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL 50 QQ deep

• mrxLT
      mrxLT
      Bronze
      $0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
      5 players

Stacks:
      UTG ($43.00)
      CO ($32.95)
      Hero (BTN) ($99.55)
      SB ($53.20)
      BB ($80.15)------40/29/AF=4.3/3bet=0 (30hands)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 5 players) Hero is BTN Q:club: Q:diamond:
      1 fold, CO calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.50, 1 fold, BB raises to $8, CO folds, Hero calls $5.50

Flop: 2:spade: 4:heart: T:heart: ($16.75, 2 players)
      BB bets $11, Hero calls $11

Turn: K:club: ($38.75, 2 players)
      BB bets $19, Hero calls $19

River: 2:heart: ($76.75, 2 players)
      BB goes all-in $42.15, Hero calls $42.15

In this hand should i fold on the flop or fold on the turn?
      Preflop i should 4bet this squeeze. Question is: if i 4bet lets say 20$ can i fold if he pushes?
      In general, how to play QQ preflop being deep?
  • 5 replies
    • Verre
      Verre
      Silver
      In my honest opinion with a 40/29 I would 4 bet. Even though its a small sample size thats is very loose. If he calls I would push on the flop with that weak board.

If he pushes you all in after you 4 bet I would call. With the way you played preflop, I would have 4 bet him on the flop. Its a near perfect flop for you and he made a standard C-Bet. I would have raised to $44. If he has AK he has to fold. If he has JJ-JT-AT-KT whatever he has a tough decision to make. The unlikely chance he has AA or KK then you may be hooped, but your not a better chance to turn a profit with Queens than this example.

My guess is he had AK? My guess also is that if you 4 bet the flop he would have folded.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Yeah re-raise him pre-flop.

Raise him on the flop as played.
      Fold river as played, there is no way he is betting with a hand that you beat after draw completes on K high board.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      altough the sample is low he looks kind of aggro, that's why I'm 4bet/calling (can't be too -ev < 200bb if it's -ev at all which I doubt)

as played raise/broke flop
      as played fold river, I agree with dragar that you don't beat anything he is betting there
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would just call pf, but I would just likely raise flop and get there money all-in
      If he happens to have KK/AA or set, then fine, but I belive that you´re often ahead and better is get all-in on the flop, when just callinf down
      As played: tirn call is fine, btu you should fold river
      He shouldn´t bluff there enough times with worse hand to call down profitable
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Either 4bet-shove preflop if you are feeling good about the 30 hand read on the guy being very loose, or raise-shove that flop.

If you wernt capable of raising a cbet on a flop like that you probably should have folded preflop :)