SSS Fulltilt Question

• captainevil
      captainevil
      Bronze
      So SSS is STILL not working for me, played ANOTHER few thousand hands and still have -EV

I will keep trying, but my question is this: If I dpo'd $150, and started playing $25, but now I'm down to $100, do I drop to $10 NL or stay at $25?

SSS dictates dropping limits WHEN you reach 300 BI for the smaller limit, so I keep playing $25 until I drop to $60? How is that logical since I wouldn't START playing $25NL UNTIL $150.

This is illogical to me, and SSS is becoming very frusterating.

Thoughts?
  • 6 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      If you are going to deposit with the view to play SSS, there is only one site that really should appeal to you, and it's the best for SSS by a long shot.... Pokerstars.
    • captainevil
      captainevil
      Bronze
      Site doesn't matter, play is play is play.

Besides, Already have an account at stars, and have played there for the last year, just switched to FT, not switching back for a while
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by captainevil
      Site doesn't matter, play is play is play.

Besides, Already have an account at stars, and have played there for the last year, just switched to FT, not switching back for a while
      Play is play correct....

Double - Triple traffic on pokerstars = more play = more fish = more tables for selection = better rebuy and multitable options for SSS = better support....

Meh, What do I care for? Lol
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum

Play is play correct....

Double - Triple traffic on pokerstars = more play = more fish = more tables for selection = better rebuy and multitable options for SSS = better support....

Meh, What do I care for? Lol
      Sounds logical. I will switch to PokerStars as soon as I finish clearing the bonus at FullTilt.
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      So SSS is STILL not working for me, played ANOTHER few thousand hands and still have -EV

I will keep trying, but my question is this: If I dpo'd $150, and started playing $25, but now I'm down to $100, do I drop to $10 NL or stay at $25?

SSS dictates dropping limits WHEN you reach 300 BI for the smaller limit, so I keep playing $25 until I drop to $60? How is that logical since I wouldn't START playing $25NL UNTIL $150.

Thoughts?
      Captainevil

Brm says you can continue to play at nl50 until you reach $60 and then you should move down. Moving down to nl10 when you would have $60 left would give you 30 buy ins at that level. 30 buy ins is the minimum that you should have for a certain level. Thats why you would need $150 for nl50, which equals 30 buyins. Hope this makes sense.

When I first came to pokerstrategy I used the sss as well and used that for a few months. After awhile it was also frustrating for me and not much fun anymore. After that experience I gave fixed limit a try and Im enjoying playing that a bit more now. Maybe sss isn't for you. Maybe find a game that you enjoy playing a bit more and make money as your doing it.

P.S. I love all the advertising pokerstars gets on here.

Regards,

Matt.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze

Thoughts?
      Hello captainevil,

I would recommend reviewing your play first by going over all your losing hands to see if you have any leaks in your game by checking that your playing the correct hands from the SHC and that your play pre- and post-flop was correct as well. If you find any hands that you are unsure about you can post them in the Hand Evauation Board for evaluation by other members as well as the Hand Judges.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve