We know people hate bots.

• 12 replies
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      I wouldn't. What if you get caught. Your account could be frozen and wouldn't be able to play at your poker site anymore. Personally I would never use such programs. The risk isn't worth it. But thats me Im sure theres players out there who would.

Why do you ask? Are you thinking of using these types of programs?
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by straddler71
      I wouldn't. What if you get caught. Your account could be frozen and wouldn't be able to play at your poker site anymore. Personally I would never use such programs. The risk isn't worth it. But thats me Im sure theres players out there who would.

Why do you ask? Are you thinking of using these types of programs?
      I considered it. An auto-folder would be useful for multitabling of course.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Don't use them.

Your account will probably get hacked or something.

Auto-folders are not needed, it takes less then a second to fold a hand.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Ah okay, thanks for the warning guys!

Do any of you guys happen to know why Pokerstars if the largest online poker room but only offer a $50 bonus? I've always wondered but never knew why..
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Probably because they are the largest as you already mentioned :s_evil:
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by slikec
      More people playing = more rakeback created though? Wouldn't that mean they would have more money to give through bonuses?
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      Originally posted by slikec
      More people playing = more rakeback created though? Wouldn't that mean they would have more money to give through bonuses?
      No.

It means they are the biggest and they attract people already just with that simple fact. If you look, usually, the smaller is the site/service, the bigger are the bonuses to lure you in.

(quote) When you're president of the biggest gang in the city, you don't have to take any shit.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      why would you need someone to fold your hands?

i wouldnt even consider it, it makes no sense

then again you would have someone else to blame for that full house that you would have flopped for that 60 extra cents had you made the call
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze

Do any of you guys happen to know why Pokerstars if the largest online poker room but only offer a $50 bonus? I've always wondered but never knew why..
      They also allow you to deposit as little as $10, I think most sites minimum is higher.

They are a brilliant site too, maybe that could be why :)
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by p0kerQT

They also allow you to deposit as little as $10, I think most sites minimum is higher.

They are a brilliant site too, maybe that could be why :)
      And its not rigged like other sites... :f_biggrin:
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Pokerstars is the largest online poker site out there right now. Theres at least 80k players online at every minute of the day. Imagine how much money they would have to pay out in bonus money, lets say they had a deposit bonus of $500. It would cost them quite a bit of money. Besides they don't have to pay out a large bonus since they have so many players.

Other small and medium sized poker sites offer you more money in bonuses to attract you to there sites. The only downside to these sites is there generally is a down time on these sites where there isn't much player traffic.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      So I downloaded one of these auto-folder bots today.

Not.
      I actually downloaded absolute poker. Is there any chance of Pokerstrategy becoming an affiliate of AP?