Anyone else doing PM / LNP qualification?

• rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      Hi,
      is anyone else trying the freeroll route to qualification to Poker Million or Late Night Poker on FT?
      I made it through to round 2 of PM Monday and last night played LNP qualifier but went out 39th - top 27 qualify.
      There is loads of dead money in there, i think at least half the entrants dont actually play.
  • 5 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello rhinoneil,

I am actually playing the Round 1 Freerolls for the Poker Million but havent had any luck as of yet.

I've not actually tried any of the Freerolls for the Late Night Poker yet.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      Got through first round of Late Night Poker tonight, top 27 from 1091.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hey rhinoneil,

Congratulations to you on getting through the two 1st round qualifiers.

You'll have to give me some tips :D

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      Hi Steve
      Actually I think these freerolls are pretty straightforward.
      It is fairly easy to accumulate a few chips early because half the field are sitting out.
      After the first hour, just play abc, maximise big hands against for the most part inexperienced players.
      Last night was a bit different, in the first hour I had a card rush.
      Limped in utg with AA, one big raiser and 2 callers behind so I shoved over. Was horrified to find all 3 calling but they showed something like QTspades, KJhearts & 79diamonds and I thought I was going to get done but AA held up.
      Then in space of 3 hands I hit top trips on flop, nut flush on turn and overpair v TPTK to a bunch of non believers. After that the table had me, one other guy playing and 7 sitting out so I just raised every hand and took the blinds. Think the other guy played back at me once.
      After first hour I was 2nd with about 30000 chips. Think I only played 5 or 6 hands after that just to keep stealers honest, worked up to 42000 and then pretty much folded to the top 27.
      Neil
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      Played 2nd round og PM and LNP on Saturday.
      In PM was totally card dead, cant ever remember a mtt where I had such bad cards.
      I thought that as I hardly played a hand for first hour or so that I might be able to make the occasional move through but every time I tried I got no respect or found someone behind me with a big hand.
      Went out 46th in the end but will try again this saturday.

In LNP I was again card dead for well over an hour and thinking I was going to crash out early. Found some hands later on and managed to get up to around 25K in chips. Lost about 5K of that when i raised from lp with QJs and short stack shoved 44 which held up. Thought I had enogh to fold into top 21 which was the cut off for entry to next round but blinds and antes were too high and the bubble seemed to last for ages.
      I eventually finished 22nd doh which didnt get me through but I got 300FTP which is enough to get me entry into both LNP and PM 2nd round on Saturday.
      Last hand was a nightmare, in BB for 2000 plus 300 ante, with 1800 behind, 2 limpers me holding A10 off. The other shortstack was all in in BB on other table with 2 callers also, i timed down to see what happened there first and of course he finds AA which holds up.
      My flop comes 10 high with 2 diamonds, I have no diamond. I figured I am in SB next plus ante leaves me 2 more hands before I blind out so I stick the last of it in. One caller with 78 no draw needing runner runner which of course he gets when two more diamonds show up and he is holding 7 diamonds.