This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SSS and number of players

• 666zeus666
      666zeus666
      Bronze
      Hi!

Can somebody explain why you can not play the SSS against less than 7 opponents?

With the SSS you fold a lot of times and if there are just a few players you don´t have to wait to get some action.

I know I am wrong but I really don't get it.

Thx and sorry for the noob question! :)
  • 2 replies
    • goudviske
      goudviske
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think it's related to the blinds you pay, if you would only play a very limited number of hands liks SSS tells you to, you would want to play with as much of opponents as possible.

Fe on 2NL you would pay 0.02 + 0.01 in blinds to see 10 starting hands, to see the same amount of starting hands with 6 players you almost have to pay double.

As SSS is, like you said, very much of a waiting game, it's better to pay less to wait.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello 666zeus666 and welcome to the forums ;)

goudviske was right with his answer. If you have less than 7 opponents the blinds come around much quicker. Since you pay the blinds more often - but are playing very tight - you will lose money unless you adjust to the conditions. The best way for beginners to adjust to the table becoming short-handed is to leave it ;)

Best regards
      SoyCD