This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH 88 set on dry board

• mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $56.85
      Hero:
      $216.23

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8:club: , 8:heart:
      Hero raises to $1.75, 3 folds, SB calls $1.50, BB folds.

Flop: ($4.00) 6:diamond: , 8:spade: , K:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.00, SB raises to $9.00, Hero raises to $20.00, SB raises to $55.10 (All-In), Hero calls $35.10.

Turn: ($114.20) 5:club:
      River: ($114.20) Q:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $114.20

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, eights (8c 8h)
      SB shows two pairs, kings and queens (Kh Qh)

Hero wins with three of a kind, eights (8c 8h)

do i call flop 3bet and bet turn again since its dry?
      would you get it in preflop if the board is wet? or if you are OOP?
  • 2 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      since you are in position call the flop c/r and raise turn is an option (and one I really like btw) OOP I like more 3bet/broke here.
      If the board is drawy then it's easier that he stacks with a top pair or with a draw so 3bet/broke is better imo.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Originally posted by alejandrosh
      since you are in position call the flop c/r and raise turn is an option (and one I really like btw) OOP I like more 3bet/broke here.
      If the board is drawy then it's easier that he stacks with a top pair or with a draw so 3bet/broke is better imo.
      +1, just Call the flop Check/Raise, he will very often push the turn anyways and you will get his money. With raising your hand looks a way too strong and he may lay down some kind of TPGK hands.

Best regards,
      Rensu