Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $19,60
      Hero:
      $21,12

0,1/0,2 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , K:spade:
      MP3 raises to $0,80, Hero raises to $2,40, 3 folds, MP3 calls $1,60.

Flop: ($5,10) 8:heart: , T:club: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $3,00, MP3 raises to $6,00, Hero calls $3,00.

Turn: ($17,10) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $11,20 (All-In), Hero calls $11,20.

River: ($39,50) 3:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $39,50

Should have folded on the turn, right? (Or to his min re raise on the flop?)

Oh, btw this was 1st or 2nd hand on the table and my HUD wasn't loaded yet, so I didn't have stats on him (which makes him look like a solid player)
  • 10 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      overpair in a 3 bet pot... I'm going broke on the flop.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      I'd still go broke I think.

If he is setmining here can't help it. Maybe raise pre-flop a bit higher.

He might be doing this with TT. Just put a note on him that he will call 3-bet with TT if he has this.
    • Jumbles
      Jumbles
      Bronze
      Nh imo. You can raise the flop, but I like your line.

Never fold, at any point.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Nice hand, well played.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Its hard to fold without stats, but this minraise on the dry flop usually means a set, maybe AA(unlikely).

With stats I prob fold turn vs hi W$SD guy because we only beat JJ and QQ(QQ prob re-raises pf) and he shoves to protect against a (now) drawy board.

Don't know how flawed my reasoning is though
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Its hard to fold without stats, but this minraise on the dry flop usually means a set, maybe AA(unlikely).

With stats I prob fold turn vs hi W$SD guy because we only beat JJ and QQ(QQ prob re-raises pf) and he shoves to protect against a (now) drawy board.

It's a 3bet pot :) and if he called preflop he actually made a mistake by making the Call for set value. Also look at his AF. :) He can very easily do that with many other worse hands than ours.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

It's a 3bet pot :) and if he called preflop he actually made a mistake by making the Call for set value. Also look at his AF. :) He can very easily do that with many other worse hands than ours.
      I posted a hand where I called $1.60(3bet) with 66 and was told it was fine since its easier to get his full stack if we hit set.

In this example, we 3bet pf indicating great strength, so he knows we arent folding to his flop minraise. So its not a bluff imo. He prob puts us on AK, JJ+ so he inflates the pot on the flop and shoves the turn when we cant fold to those odds. He is either a good player or a very bad one, without stats/history we only have full stack size as read(good players usually use full stack).
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      To be honest I am going broke on the flop with a all in after his reraise. I dont think hes going to call your preflop Reraise with a set of 3s so basically 3 hands beat you, 88, TT, AA.

I'm putting him all in, he still has fold equity at that point but after his turn raise he doesn't. Also this is a great chance to stack someone. He can also be making this same play with JJ, QQ, AT, and possibly J :diamond: 9 :diamond: if he semi bluff min raised the flop and then hit oesd+fd.

I just couldn't fold this here, some will disagree of course but I have seen too many people push 99, JJ, QQ, or AT here.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze

I posted a hand where I called $1.60(3bet) with 66 and was told it was fine since its easier to get his full stack if we hit set.
      Because in your case the 3-bet raise was much smaller giving you correct odds. In this case its too high to call.

The moment your able to put villain on a monster because of weird pre-flop min 3-bets or so we can open our range because we know villain is purposely slowplaying meaning he will not be able to fold later on.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze

In this example, we 3bet pf indicating great strength, so he knows we arent folding to his flop minraise. So its not a bluff imo. He prob puts us on AK, JJ+ so he inflates the pot on the flop and shoves the turn when we cant fold to those odds. He is either a good player or a very bad one, without stats/history we only have full stack size as read(good players usually use full stack).
      Player was unknown at the moment
      With these stats I´m not folding.
      he could easily have there too many worse hands (like even oesd and Tx) than sets