ICM Trainer, SNG Wiz hand ranking

• kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      It seems to me that ICM Trainer does not use the Skalnsky-Chubukov ranking and ranges, it uses something different.
      For example in 12.5% range it says AJo+, where in SC range it would be A9o+.
      And as i know SnG Wiz uses SC ranges, so which is the better one, what are the reasons?
      Where can i find the ranking that the ICM Trainer uses?

Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks!
  • 3 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi kesgab,

As far as i'm aware Both ICM Trainer and SNG wizard both use perfect NASH ranges.

Sklansky-Chubukov is all about what hands you can push 1st in, when in the SB (SB vs BB).

Regards,
      Stiev
    • kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Then I guess the Nash range calculations give diffrent hand rankings.
      I mean the SC ranking is for SB vs BB and maybe there A8o is worth relatively more than when you are in MP3, because if more players are behind, you can be more easily dominated by a higher Ace. It would make sense.

Am i right here? So there is no absolute hand rankings that can be used to sng? Because it depends on the position and the number of possible callers?
      So for SB, SC ranking should be the right one, but for BU it's a bit different and for CO, a bit more different and so on...?
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      As far as I know the ICM trainer uses Nash ranges when hero's edge is set to 0. The default setting (hero's edge 3%) uses somewhat modified ranges which should exploit some of the mistakes of the bad players on lower limits.
      SNG wiz has 3 default sets of ranges (tight, average, loose) something the creators of ICM wizard came up with and are probably also based on the Nash equilibrium.