SAGE never says any two push...

• kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      How come that SAGE rules never says push with any two cards, while ICM calculators usually say that, when for example the satcks are 5 blinds big?

edit:
      Oh, i realized that the cases with any two push were maybe only when there was more than 2 people in... sorry
      I'm still learning the basics at SnG...
  • 4 replies
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      That's a very good question!

It's the third time when i'm trying to explain something here but i can't simply because i don't understand this thing too well either... I'll give it another try tomorrow.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      hmm, If I remember correctly I believe it does,

it only advocates it if eff stacks are v short, and villain is all in.
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      kesqab, often you are suggested to push any two because the villains call you too tight.
      SAGE refers to the equilibrium, which means point of balance, or basically an unexploited strategy.
      If villain calls you tight, you can shove any two sometimes, but that makes you exploitable to wide calls.
      you should only use sage if you think the opponent is better than you and is exploiting you. most of the time you will play fish heads up until you reach mid stakes or even the higher low stakes. they tend to call too tight so you can exploit them by shoving wide
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      yeah for more info look up the " nash equilibrium".