Leaving table in BSS?

• 7 replies
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      That would really depend on the table dynamics. If its super soft, with lots of fishy players, why move? But if the dynamics change and you're no longer on the winning side, move.

Best think you could do I guess is set a target. Once you hit it, get up and move to another table.
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Only move if you feel exposed with the amount of money you have on a table at any one time.

Personally I enjoy having the biggest stack at any given table and the bigger the better.

However it does cause some to feel exposed and causes others to play "happy tilt" loose with the money they "won". If either of those is a problem for you, set a 150% or 200% threshold for leaving the table to protect your winnings.

Its not won money, its YOUR money :f_cool:
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      Depends on the table. Alot of the time once I got 3BIs at the table people are less inclined to get involved with me so its less profitable sticking around.

You have to weigh up what your gaining from moving to what your losing in the table image you have built up. This becomes less of a problem the longer you stay at a site anyway i suppose as the regs will know your image but I really i suppose its not them you make your money off its the fresh ones so you know, weigh it all up and make a decision.
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      If you have a deepstack (200BBs) and there is an opponent who is also deep stacked I think you would want to stay there because deepstack play is something that you should learn how to play, it really gives you more options at the table. The only reason I can see to leave is if there are no more fish, or another deep stacked player who you think will outplay you. Remember that playing with effective 200BBs is not the same as playing with 100BB stack, theres an article about DeepStack play I think. :s_biggrin:
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I leave if the table sucks, meaning if there's a laggy deepstack in position of me or if there are a bunch of shortstacks.

but It's so cool being 4-5bi deep at one table :s_biggrin:
    • Dziurgis
      Dziurgis
      Bronze
      I leave a table if the amount of money on one table is more than 10% of my whole roll. The better you are rolled for the level the bigger swings you can take.
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KidPokersKid
      If you have a deepstack (200BBs) and there is an opponent who is also deep stacked I think you would want to stay there because deepstack play is something that you should learn how to play, it really gives you more options at the table. The only reason I can see to leave is if there are no more fish, or another deep stacked player who you think will outplay you. Remember that playing with effective 200BBs is not the same as playing with 100BB stack, theres an article about DeepStack play I think. :s_biggrin:
      +1

Basically I look to take advantage of other deep players who I think cannot adjust well to deepstacked play (they are very prone to overplay a hand and get stacked for 200bb), or leave if I think they're too strong esp. if they have position on me.