Stack
      MP2:
      $47.95
      MP3:
      $21.31
      Hero:
      $22.23

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:heart: , 8:spade:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.20, MP3 raises to $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.80.

Flop: ($3.30) K:diamond: , 2:spade: , 2:diamond: (3 players)
      MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($3.30) 3:diamond: (3 players)
      MP2 checks, MP3 bets $1.60, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $4.90

Bet flop?
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Be interesting to know MP3's cbet flop %. I dont understand why MP3 has decided not to bet on this flop but to stab on that turn. KK is the only hand I could consider such a line with (check flush flop, bet when flush hits turn praying someone else actually made a flush). A flush draw of their own doesnt make alot of sense. Even weak low cbet regulars would be expected to conti-bet with a flush draw here as PFA.

Unfortunately this flop is about the worst possible flop for a position-take down bet, because unless you are saying "hi guys, I am a fish who cold-calls with a king!" you are essentially claiming to have pocket 2s. Well, any pockets could make the bet of course, but its going to be easy to read what is more likely, and its unlikely to push other missed pockets out of the hand, so if PFR villain has something like TT-QQ they are going to call you down WA/WB.

Check-fold is good for me here.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      i think take the free card and hope to go to showdown. you have some showdown value, and you may easily get check/raised by MP2, you may even get called by draws

c/f on turn since the flushdraw completes
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      I'm betting the flop. You'll take it down lots of times, even if people will think you're a fish that cold calls a K:) . Seriously now, you're most likely ahead. PFR doesn't hold a K for sure, unless he's slowplaying pocket kings,
      and he would c-bet with TT+.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Originally posted by nttflox
      I'm betting the flop. You'll take it down lots of times, even if people will think you're a fish that cold calls a K:) . Seriously now, you're most likely ahead. PFR doesn't hold a K for sure, unless he's slowplaying pocket kings,
      and he would c-bet with TT+.
      +1, I like this one. Otherwise ye fold turn, don't like to risk there. Such flops are perfect to make a donk because you will very often take the pot down.

Best regards,
      Rensu