Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $20.77
      CO:
      $14.50

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5:heart: , 4:heart:
      6 folds, CO raises to $0.60, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.30) 9:spade: , 8:spade: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Turn: ($2.10) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.10, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $4.20

Fold flop because Im oop?
  • 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Hard to float OOP. Basically an OOP float line ends up -

check-call
      check-check
      donk-fold

So you are giving villain with AK two shots at their overcards with an OOP float line. With a classic float line IP they get one go at their overcards before we take down the pot on the turn.

So if we believe our 5s might be good on the flop, raise it up and find out right there. Donk or check-raise, whichever suits. A check-raise generally shows more strength so if the villain would often cbet a 9 high flop, check-raise. If villain doesnt often cbet such a flop, donk - you dont want to give free hits at overcards.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      i either 3bet this preflop or fold. I think he is a showdown monkey and it is very difficult to have any fold equity on the flop. against his 50% steal range, he would have to fold a large number of his hands (but very often he isn't going to fold even if his hand sucks). So i think folding preflop is often the best line.

as played, c/r flop. don't c/c unless you are prepared to c/c the turn as well
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I dont think a c/r is going to make him fold if he has any part of this flop
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d prefer fold pf
      You just end too many that kind of stiuations and don´t know how to play proftible, so a lot of times you decide to fold to turn barrel and loose a lot of money doing that
      I think c/c flop, c/f turn is fine