[NL20-NL50] J8c CO - suited flop

• 4 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      Very ugly flop, but its K-high all the same. Cbet-fold.

BB protects blind alot (33% fold BB to steal over 176 hands) so you are up against a 67% hand range here. You could still even be in front with J-high air.

I would start stealing alot tigher vs BB here, hoping to land a legitimate hand that BB percieves as a "steal". J8s from CO is pretty loose, would imply hero's steal ORL is pushing out beyond 30+. Id be 3-betting you with my entire normal raise range by now.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      fold preflop, its always good to play super nitty at low stakes. playing such hands will often get you into marginal spots. There is also no need to mix up and disguise your hands (with suited connectors, one gappers etc) at such low stakes since the opponents are weak. Also very often you will find yourself failing in your continuation bets and end up burning money.

this guy has 33% fold BB to steal, he's going to call you with more than half of his hands (newbs dont bother about the position of the initial raiser)

as played, i would definitely bet that board. I think that dry boards are the best for cbetting, but monotone boards are good too, especially if you are in position. it just looks much scarier and your opponent is less likely to float/bluff you as compared to a two-suited board.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Originally posted by Jaissica
      Very ugly flop, but its K-high all the same. Cbet-fold.

BB protects blind alot (33% fold BB to steal over 176 hands) so you are up against a 67% hand range here. You could still even be in front with J-high air.

I would start stealing alot tigher vs BB here, hoping to land a legitimate hand that BB percieves as a "steal". J8s from CO is pretty loose, would imply hero's steal ORL is pushing out beyond 30+. Id be 3-betting you with my entire normal raise range by now.
      +1, you really have to pay attention to the BBvsSteal against such players, it's very important. You can very easily dominated against them and also it's kinda hard to play such hands profitable against such players.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I think this is a clear example of what I was doing wrong. Playing 4 tables got boring for me and I was making questionable plays in order to "get into the action".

I tried 5 tables today and it worked like a charm, I wasn't bored and didn't get the urge to play crappy hands or steals.

I also started limping pp and sc from utg and mp. I've seen it work very well for the regulars there, prob because of the low limit.