Stack
      BB:
      $19.18
      CO:
      $21.67
      Hero:
      $20.00

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , 3:club:
      5 folds, CO calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.70) 8:club: , 9:spade: , K:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, CO bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70, BB folds.

Turn: ($2.10) T:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.10) 4:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1.20, CO calls $1.20.

Final Pot: $4.50
  • 5 replies
    • Jaissica
      Jaissica
      Bronze
      NH, WP.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      as played, i would bet more on the river, maybe $1.50 to extract more value

i dont like limping behind, as suggested by the starting hands chart. I would only consider limping behind if it is a multi way pot. Against one opponent, i would definitely isolate-raise this weak limper. You either

1) take the pot preflop
      2) cbet and take the pot
      3) hit ur flush and extract tonnes of value

by limping behind like that against a single opponent, it is very unlikely that he will pay u off. the pot is also not raised and it is harder to get your entire stack in.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Originally posted by mbml

i dont like limping behind, as suggested by the starting hands chart. I would only consider limping behind if it is a multi way pot. Against one opponent, i would definitely isolate-raise this weak limper. You either

1) take the pot preflop
      2) cbet and take the pot

by limping behind like that against a single opponent, it is very unlikely that he will pay u off. the pot is also not raised and it is harder to get your entire stack in.
      +1

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello,

Originally posted by mbml

1) take the pot preflop
      2) cbet and take the pot

+1

Best regards,
      Rensu
      Supposing we have 500 hands with him, is this how you play vs a very loose station when you miss? He will call pf with any 2, call postflop with any pair...and prob beat me.
      1) He isnt folding pf
      2) cbet doesnt work if he hits anything, even gutshot, backdoor
      3) If I dont hit flush I wasted like half my stack
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1) He isnt folding pf
      I am not saying that you should always raise here, according to some opponents it's fine to limp but I am more likely inclined to have the PFA and play with it. You can very easily get his money when you hit big and also pretty easily just fold when he starts to get aggressive. If you are so scared to raise such hand then don't play at all them, they are kinda marginal to play because you will need some postflop skills, not only a basic ABC poker.

2) cbet doesnt work if he hits anything, even gutshot, backdoor
      You don't have to CBet against such opponents always, it's always a way to just Check/Fold or take the odds and Check/Call or whatever you like against some kind of opponents. But still if you hit big, they are willing to pay you off very often even with their weak hand. You have to search for such spots and for such opponents.

3) If I dont hit flush I wasted like half my stack
      How did you waste half of your stack? $1.20 preflop and CBet on flop ain't a half stack. I think your play is very often just a fit/fold game and with such play you won't earn much credit on higher limits.