Recording live coachings

• Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

Have you ever considered trying to record the live coachings and uploading the videos on the site under videos? I think it would be good because this way the people who had missed the coaching would still be able to see it and it would increase the number of videos on the site :) .
  • 5 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi Primzi,

I moved your thread to the feedback forum.
      I hope that's okay with you :)

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • jimmyy99
      jimmyy99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      Hello!

Have you ever considered trying to record the live coachings and uploading the videos on the site under videos? I think it would be good because this way the people who had missed the coaching would still be able to see it and it would increase the number of videos on the site :) .

+1

I was thinking exactly the same thing the last days.
    • NightFlash
      NightFlash
      Bronze
      + 1 Good idea;)
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Excellent idea imo.... I never manage to catch the coachings I want to see due to work, but would be great if I could watch them... Then if it's not to much hard work for the coaches, we could ask them questions about the video in thier own new coaching review section ;)
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi Primzi,

Thanks for the feedback ;) While the idea looks simple to put into practice and therefore intuitive - there are a few things speaking against it.

#1 Resources: The coaching videos would need to be recorded, sent to us, converted into the correct format & uploaded. This is time & bandwidth extensive on all parts (and thus restricts our capacity to release 'real' videos

#2 Harder to follow: Live coachings are an interesting alternative to our videos - because they allow users to ask questions. In a recorded coaching it will be hard to fit both the tables and the coaching player (in which the questions are asked). Without seeing the questions - it might be hard to follow what is being talked about.

#3 Quality of content: Coachings are flexible and might cover a broad array of questions. A coach can therefore not always concentrate on one topic - or might have to jump from topic to topic depending on what is being asked. If he records a normal video he can better cover a single topic - and concentrate on it. As such when faced with the decision of releasing a video or recording a coaching I would prefer to release videos (which were actually recorded with the intent of being released in video format).

#4 Conflict of interests: If a coach knows that what he is currently coaching will later appear as a video he might be torn between pleasing those in the coaching and those later watching it on video. This could lead to a decrease of quality for those actually in the coaching - since the coach is also recording for those who missed it.

The direction we have therefore chosen to take is to increase the video output (if you have been following the news you will notice that we have slowly increased it from 2-3 a week to at least 7 a week over the last few months). We will continue to increase the video output so that everyone that doesn't have enough time to attend coaching has plenty of videos to choose from.

Best regards
      SoyCD