Moving BR to fulltilt. Need to choose between FL and SnG.

• mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Hi all!

I am moving my $400 BR soon from pacific to full tilt and I need some advice.

First, is idle miner a must have? I want to start using poker software and a good db seems essential.

Second, I've built my br by playing SnGs, but my last major tilt sort of screwed up my icm skills, so i guess i'll just start again from basics on FT. I'm choosing between FL (played a bit at pacific) and SnG (was my main type of poker). As I am going to deposit $600 but play only with $400 (at least at the beginning) my main criteria is maximising rake in order to clear the bonus. Second is building my br further. If I play FL then I would probably just use the elephant, but I guess i'll need to buy HEM for sngs which is extra spending =\.

What type of poker would you recommend for me that fits my criteria?
      Please just list as many pros and cons you can think of=) )))

Thanks alot!
  • 2 replies
    • straddler71
      straddler71
      Global
      Originally posted by mChavez
      Hi all!

I am moving my $400 BR soon from pacific to full tilt and I need some advice.

First, is idle miner a must have? I want to start using poker software and a good db seems essential.

Second, I've built my br by playing SnGs, but my last major tilt sort of screwed up my icm skills, so i guess i'll just start again from basics on FT. I'm choosing between FL (played a bit at pacific) and SnG (was my main type of poker). As I am going to deposit $600 but play only with $400 (at least at the beginning) my main criteria is maximising rake in order to clear the bonus. Second is building my br further. If I play FL then I would probably just use the elephant, but I guess i'll need to buy HEM for sngs which is extra spending =\.

What type of poker would you recommend for me that fits my criteria?
      Please just list as many pros and cons you can think of=) )))

Thanks alot!
      You could get to your goal alot faster by playing fl. Since your planning on only using $400 your could start at 0.50/1 fr or 0.25/0.50 sh. Maybe even lower limits if your not that experienced with fl ring games. You would get more points playing ring games then playing sng's. Sng's take awhile to play unless your playing turbo's. Also sng's can be more high variance then ring games. And you wouldn't have to shell out the extra bucks for hem for use in the sngs.

regards,

Matt.
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Thanks!

I've actually realised that FT gives point for rake when you were dealt a hand, so SSS looks like an amazing solution. I guess i'll have to give it another try, but FL is still an option.