How is my ROI

• adamall
      adamall
      Bronze
      Ok so I have just downloaded and tried Poker Tracker, I have played 30 tournaments that have been tracked by PT.

I am currently playing a lot of $1 10plr SNG as I have only got $50 to play with atm.

I am just wondering how my ROI is, with this small sample I have got an ROI of 22.67. How does that fair with everyone else.

I know I still have a lot of leaks in my game but I am just wondering how I am traveling.

Thanks for any replys

Cheers

Adz
  • 42 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      This depends on what site you are playing at. 20%+ ROI is very decent anywhere but at sites with very high rake like Party or maybe some others this is more like impossible than very good..
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi adamall,

Your ROI after 30 SnG's means nothing at all. For instance I have lost close to 30 SnG's on a run and not cashed in any, and other times were I cashed in almost all of 30 SnG's on a run.

If after a minimum of 1000+ SnG's you still have a 22% ROI then you are doing quite well.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • adamall
      adamall
      Bronze
      hey. Yeah I understand it is quite a small sample.

I am playing on Party at the moment. I just wanted to find out where my game is at.

I normally BR $1000, but I dont seem to be going anywhere (when I pulled out of Mansion I had $1100 after 5 months- peak at $1600 low at 500 app)

So i have tried going from $50 up to where ever I get to. I also only get to play 1 - 2 days a week because of work.

What do most players ROI for SNG.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi,

Most people have negative ROI's and loose money ;)

I dunno why its important for people to know how other people are doing. Just work on your game and win buyin's.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • NickParkes
      NickParkes
      Bronze
      Any positive ROI is a good thing... as long as it stays that way :s_cool:
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      30 games is nothing.

During my 800 games my roi was fluctuating from 60% to 4%, and now its been on 15% for quite a while. I guess 15% is the standard rate, so i'm happy =)
    • DevilChess
      DevilChess
      Global
      453 tournaments, playing mainly 27 & 45 ppl, a few 90 ppl, ROI has varied between 50%-75%, I guess its somewhere in the middle, 62.5%

Editing cuz of the "wrong" reply.

That stat is without counting rake.

My current ROI is 74%, with a ITM% of 23.6% with an Confidence level of 99%,
      I can say my confidence interval is: 74% +/- 5.15%

:s_cool:
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DevilChess
      453 tournaments, playing mainly 27 & 45 ppl, a few 90 ppl, ROI has varied between 50%-75%, I guess its somewhere in the middle, 62.5%
      Wrong!
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze

Editing cuz of the "wrong" reply.

That stat is without counting rake.

My current ROI is 74%, with a ITM% of 23.6% with an Confidence level of 99%,
      I can say my confidence interval is: 74% +/- 5.15%

:s_cool:
      Seriously dude, what the fuck are you talking about? How can you calculate that your roi is 62.5%? Just how? I'll tell you how....

YOU can't!!!

Who the fuck calculates roi without the rake!?!?!? How pointless is that stat!!!

Confidence level?!?! LMFAO

Put down the bollox stats, and PLAY some fucking poker!!!

Why does anyone need to calculate anything? Fucking use the time to play, and get the real outcome!!!
    • DevilChess
      DevilChess
      Global
      cannell555:
      lol @ "why does anyone need to calculate anything"

Nice to see how MEANINGLESS the platinum status is in poker strategy.

And yes, I have income from poker, online a bit more than $1k U.S. dll (scope me: DevilChess @ Pokerstars)

Live is about $8k U.S. dll

And EACH and EVERY move I make in poker, CALCULATE SOMETHING, from deciding a buy in to betting a hand.

BTW Why do you laugh @ confidence intervals? Bookies, Firms and almost every professional gambler of ANY kind (poker included) take them VERY seriously, and earn MILLIONS, lol.

Tell you what, I'll laugh when you go broke. NOW That's funny.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      cannell555:

And yes, I have income from poker, online a bit more than $1k U.S. dll (scope me: DevilChess @ Pokerstars)

And EACH and EVERY move I make in poker, CALCULATE SOMETHING, from deciding a buy in to betting a hand.

BTW Why do you laugh @ confidence intervals? Bookies, Firms and almost every professional gambler of ANY kind (poker included) take them VERY seriously, and earn MILLIONS, lol.

LMAO, Your the nutz!!

man you make me laugh, please carry on!!
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I'm gonna go broke, the nasty man said so X( X(
    • DevilChess
      DevilChess
      Global
      Originally posted by cannell555
      cannell555:

LMAO, Your the nutz!!

man you make me laugh, please carry on!!
      Why don't you try posting something, a 10 year old can't already come up by himself?
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Last post,

When your life winnings are over 100k, come back and spout ya ass off about the shit. (that apparently is useful)

/end of
    • DevilChess
      DevilChess
      Global
      LOL... your saying that shit like I came up with those concepts, and only if I've been a winning player for decades then they are demonstrated.

As if I just invented them right now... LMAO... they've been around before you or anyone in this whole forum was alive.

I don't need to do crap to demonstrate those concepts, pure MATH proves them, wether you like it or not, they're UNIVERSALLY true, and PROVEN in practice in several uses, including your very modem you're using right now that decodes signals with random noise. And no matter how sarcastic or cynical your posts can be, they won't be of any less value or truth.

Its up to you to determine if you'll get off your ass and investigate them. Unless being sarcastic and cynical in these forums can get your poker level up to the skies, I suggest you do so.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      LOL... your saying that shit like I came up with those concepts, and only if I've been a winning player for decades then they are demonstrated.

As if I just invented them right now... LMAO... they've been around before you or anyone in this whole forum was alive.

I don't need to do crap to demonstrate those concepts, pure MATH proves them, wether you like it or not, they're UNIVERSALLY true, and PROVEN in practice in several uses, including your very modem you're using right now that decodes signals with random noise. And no matter how sarcastic or cynical your posts can be, they won't be of any less value or truth.

Its up to you to determine if you'll get off your ass and investigate them. Unless being sarcastic and cynical in these forums can get your poker level up to the skies, I suggest you do so.
      I don't think cannell is questioning the concept of calculating ur ROI, I just think that it's as irrelevant as it can possibly be to calculate it without rake.

And the confidence level is what made me grin while reading :D

do u care to explain? are u 99% confident playing s&g's?

I think all the stats u mentioned are useless except for your ROI, which needs a bigger samplesize :)

piece out
    • DevilChess
      DevilChess
      Global
      "In statistics, a confidence interval (CI) is an interval estimate of a population parameter. Instead of estimating the parameter by a single value, an interval likely to include the parameter is given. Thus, confidence intervals are used to indicate the reliability of an estimate. How likely the interval is to contain the parameter is determined by the confidence level or confidence coefficient. Increasing the desired confidence level will widen the confidence interval.

A confidence interval is always qualified by a particular confidence level (say, γ), usually expressed as a percentage; thus one speaks of a "95% confidence interval". The end points of the confidence interval are referred to as confidence limits. For a given estimation procedure in a given situation, the higher the value of γ, the wider the confidence interval will be." - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidence_level

KEY PHRASES:
      "Thus, confidence intervals are used to indicate the reliability of an estimate. How likely the interval is to contain the parameter is determined by the confidence level or confidence coefficient."

74% +/- 5.15% @ 99% Confidence means:
      There is a 99% confidence that this ROI is between 68.85%(-5.15%) and 79.15%(+5.15%)

I must add, this ROI will remain if all circumstances remain the same as they were when obtaining that sample. (i.e. I don't start playing significantly higher-skilled players, whereas I would start losing more than avg., or significantly worse-skilled players whereas I would start winning more then avg.)

Its easy using this calculator:
      http://surveysoftware.net/sscalc.htm

BTW Ok, ROI without rake is useless for knowing my REAL avg.poker winnings. I know this, but the thread starter didn't ask this. I can post both, fine.
      REAL ROI:
      65.71% +/- 5.15 @ 99% Confidence
    • DevilChess
      DevilChess
      Global
      Originally posted by ihufa
      I think all the stats u mentioned are useless except for your ROI, which needs a bigger samplesize :)
      piece out
      And can you mathematically PROVE how CONFIDENT you are that I "need a bigger sample size"? HECK... DO YOU WANNA BET IT? I'll even give you 2 to 1 handicap lol (you've got a 99 to 1 chance of being right)

I can prove, how my ROI will vary using that -small- sample size with 99% confidence (1% chance I am wrong).

Although in reality, that ROI is for several types of tournaments, I'd have to get my ROI for a specific buy-in, field-size tournament.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Ihufa ofc it works, we all know everytime we play a SnG, that the same cards are dealt in the same order against the same oponants!! durr

NEWSFLASH!! Theres no such thing as variance everyone!!! 500 games will give you your true ROI, forget everything else you may have learnt ever. It's WRONG, how could we all be so stupid?!?!

OFC this guy is right, he can know little about a huge subject, and pretend he's a genious!!!

/sarcasm

OHHH ya, btw........... Your wrong ;)

Please, stop preaching this in several threads, some of which it doesn't even relate to the OP's question!!!