Data mining not allowed?

• mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Hi all!
      Just opened a FT account.

In FAQ I've read that data mining is not allowed at FT. Does it mean that I cn get banned if i buy and use idle miner?

Can I still use elephant and how do I collect data for it?

Is it possible to get a db for certain games/limits from PS?

Cheers!
  • 12 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello mChavez,

As you have already noticed Full Tilt do now allow any form of datamining and i would advise you, for your interest, not to datamine with any programs as it is against their TOCs and the great risk of having your account banned due to this is not worthwhile in my opinion.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Does using elephant imply data mining? like saving the stats and hand histories for the games I am in? I guess I won't be using idle miner, but I still want to use elephant 0_0
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello mChavez,

You will be fine to use Elephant for the purposes of tracking your session details, like importing hands that you are playing in and the use of the HUD.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mChavez
      Does using elephant imply data mining? like saving the stats and hand histories for the games I am in? I guess I won't be using idle miner, but I still want to use elephant 0_0
      Hello mChavez,

The main difference between tracking hands with Elephant and datamining with Elephant is whether you are currently playing at the table you are collecting hands from.

If you have Elephant running and are watching 20 tables and importing the hand histories you are datamining which is forbidden. If you are playing at 20 tables and have Elephant running you are tracking your hands - which is allowed ;)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Thanks!

But they cannot track elephant anyway, can they? So if I get a db, I can use it for stats then?

Anybody knows where i can get NL25 and NL50 db and do I need one for SSS anyway?

Cheers.

BTW How long does it take for PS to update my ft account status? it still says no account on my homepage.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello mChavez,

I would not recommend you to purchase and/or download external databases as this is still classed as breaking Full Tilt's TOC and can as such lead to accounts being closed if it is discovered that you are using these.

We no longer allow the sharing of PokerStars HandHistories and HandHistories for other sites are currently being reviewed as well.

As for your FT account status, it is reviewed every time FullTilt sends us their latest lists.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Ok, thanks for the advice!

Can I check if my PSVIP code went through?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello mChavez,

I don't actually have access to that information.

If you follow this link you can see if you details are correct and if the code was accepted as they will be a tick next to the Full Tilt details.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      Yeah, there's a wierd "tick" next to FT.

Thanks again!
    • chuongdk
      chuongdk
      Bronze
      poker tracker softwares are allowed but not for data mining,
      you can see many topic about pokertracker3 and holdemManager in forum of full tilt poker, but I don't see any topic about elephant,

so sorry ps but IMO, it is safer to use PT3 or HM (and it cost $$$ to buy) than using elephant
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello chuongdk,

As previously stated by myself and SoyCD it is perfectly safe to use Elephant on Full Tilt so long as you are using it to import HH's from tables that you are actually participating in and also for using the HUD.

I personally have used Elephant on Full Tilt using the HUD and for importing my HH's from those tables i am sat at and i have never had any problems.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • neverless13
      neverless13
      Bronze
      So, on what platforms is it ok to use the soft offered for downloading by pokerstrategy.com.

As I can see on FT it's not possible