[NL20-NL50] 88 Mp2 - Nl50

• eudodo
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

No stats. The opponent seems to cold call many raises (and unfortunately seats on my left)

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8, 8.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $2, MP3 calls $2.00, 4 folds.

Flop: ($4.75) J, 6, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, MP3 calls $2.00.

2nd pair is not so bad here?

Turn: ($8.75) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

... but after his call and another 6 I am more puzzled. His bet seems to be weak, then I call with the intention to check/fold unimproved

River: ($12.75) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

What do you think?

Final Pot: $12.75.
  • 2 replies
    • Verre
      I think this guy is a fish by the looks of his play. In regards to general play with him, I would try to isolate him and value bet him to death. I understand this is somewhat difficult when he is too your left but if you are close enough to position you can probubly isolate more times than not if he likes to cold call.

As for your play, his play screams calling station pair of sixes or fours. The 6 on the turn is definately a scare card for you and your river play is the right play since he may think you will bet into a set. He does not seem like a very strong player at all. The other possiblity is that he has a weak J or was trying to push you off the hand when the board paired.

Either way well played.
    • Kaitz20
      c/c turn is fine
      Sometimes players would float and take stab there and then it goes c/c to the river