" Unfortunately I failed the quiz!! "

• Boddamer
      Boddamer
      Basic
      Yeah like WHAT!!!!! . . Every1 plays a different style of poker and I myself have a very tight trapping method which has put me in the top 0.6% of players on PKR $4400 up and an ROI of 33% . .

Now I have a stupid machine telling me I don't deserve a free $50 because I'm not a good enough player and / or make bad decisions . .? ??

WTF is this all about . .??

Also I wish Mansion would stop sending me these stupid E-mails . . . .
  • 21 replies
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      You answered a engineering exam with a financial frame of mind.

What I mean is the quiz is geared to the system promoted by this site. If your system works for you, great, use it. But if you want to pass the quiz you have to rethink the way PS outlines.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      If you really want the $50, read the articles, write the quiz according to the standards of the articles, get your money, and go back to playing what made you successful.

That can't be hard, right?
    • Haficek77
      Haficek77
      Bronze
      You really need the 50$ ?
      BTW Mansion is not a good poker room, you should try FTP or Stars
    • Boddamer
      Boddamer
      Basic
      Nah, it's not like I need the coin it was just a msg I got from mansion through poker strategy . .

I answered the questions as I would play the game and I must say I was SHOCKED when I didn't pass . . . There is no way I'm gonna change my game . .

We all adjust our game in different situations and sometimes even have to play out of position on a draw to show strength if you think your opponant is weak . .

This is called playing "against the grain" as most of you know . . . Unfortunately whoever decided on the questions and answers to the quiz seriously needs to look at they're own game I think . . .

And I'm not here to mouth off or anything but you'll notice on my SS that I have done well for a year or so , so I ain't speaking through my arse . . .

BTW Try Ladbrokes it's a good site and it don't really matter about bonuses when you win anyway . . Right . .??
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hi Boddamer,

Theres a lot more to the articles on here than the basic ones, they're just ABC ones for beginners, n you will find a lot more in depth strategies as you move up rank on here. But if you think you are good enough already, and don't want to improve your game you have to ask yourself what you are doing here. If you really wanted to pass the quiz I'm sure you could.

Regards,
      Sarah
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      I lol'd
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Boddamer
      Yeah like WHAT!!!!! . . Every1 plays a different style of poker and I myself have a very tight trapping method which has put me in the top 0.6% of players on PKR $4400 up and an ROI of 33% . .

Now I have a stupid machine telling me I don't deserve a free $50 because I'm not a good enough player and / or make bad decisions . .? ??

WTF is this all about . .??

Also I wish Mansion would stop sending me these stupid E-mails . . . .
      Did you use proper BRM?
      Why do you need $50 if you have $4400, and then why are you getting mad about it?
      Maybe trapping isnt always a good method? You could get outdrawn? Maybe its not good play for beginners ;)

And yes mansion is a terrible site :P

Anyway read the articles and answer the questions accordingly. You dont have to change "your style" but just answer the questions.

Good Luck, and hope to see you around :)

-Jack
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      i tried to play out of position on a draw to show strength but i kinda just ended up playing against the grain. i suk imo.
    • NiekamNeidomu
      NiekamNeidomu
      Bronze

well.. if 50$ is a coin for an1 in here.. then they realy dont understand the value of money..even of 1$ ;)

second thing..you r to smart for the quiz ok.. gratz ! ;)

but the funny thing here is ...that you r "to smart" to understand for who and why the quiz is as it should be xD

in your place i would find a lawyer for those 4000$ of yours..and sue the person who gave idea that you r genius..in that way you will earn more money that you r earning from poker for sure...
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      This is called playing "against the grain" as most of you know . . . Unfortunately whoever decided on the questions and answers to the quiz seriously needs to look at they're own game I think . . .
      Its not playing against the grain. Guys like you are very common. Here is an example of one of the Players I have reads on;

"TRAPS, Goes Broke on Overpair, Smallbets = Strong, Big Bets = Draw or Bluff
      L/C AA Preflop, Raised T84dd Flop. Committed himself to Pot NL50
      L/3bet with 33, Never L/3bets Strong hands NL100
      L/C AA Preflop, Checked back 569dd Flop, Checkraised 7d on turn NL50
      Stole CO, Called KK, Called Flop, Checked Turn, Bet 1/3rd pot River J9256 Rainbow NL100"

Notice anything wrong with those plays??? (You Just made Me think of this dude, You likely don't play like this all the time)

Anyway, I don't understand why you arn't just Depositing through PokerStrategy if your roll is $4000. You could get a lot more than just $50 out of this.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I have to admit, when I joined I didnt read the stratagys and went for the quiz.

I thought I have about 5 years poker experience...im sure I can do a basic's quiz.
      I failed!
      I read the strategys passed the quiz and im glad I did.

People like this make me mad, they think they are the doggs... If you were you wouldnt be looking for a website to help you win, you would be looking for a coach to help you win MORE.

Just do the quiz again and stop complaining
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      nice ego.

4400$ needs 50$ desperately.

smarter than all pokerstrategy.com article writers.

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Maybe you are attempting to trap the quiz? This is not a good strategy. :f_mad:
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      ya he was playing TAG vs the quiz and he failed. maybe even tight passive :D .
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      Should be a relatively easy reading comprehension exercise. Don't think of it as poker and you play. Think of it as doing a test in high school on reading comprehension.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Awesome thread!!! :D Made me laugh a few times!
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      if u are already successful at poker y don't u just use a deposit bonus which does not require quiz and is much larger?
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      :f_biggrin: Nuub :f_biggrin: (HU4ROLLZ?!)
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      ya he was playing TAG vs the quiz and he failed. maybe even tight passive :D .
      I read this, laughed, and woke up my roommate. Hahaha. I'm still laughing.

I don't see why so many people get so aggro about the quiz. If you want the money you answer the questions. How is this so hard? Most of them are about BRM and not playing style too. I think you can pass even if you answer all the play style questions wrong! :D